Tripod recommendations for <$100?

Aimevous

Mar 5, 2009
Hi,

I have been surviving on this free tripod when I got my dslr a year plus back.. yesterday while extending its legs, one of it came straight out.. so, I no longer have a tripod (a duopod? heh)

I have another old tripod but I find it a bit filmsy and short (2 section to about 1.5m or so)... so I was thinking of getting a new one..

Can anyone kindly recommend me any sturdy and not too short tripod for about $100 (or less) or so?

Thanks!

1.5m is standard leh.

fancier from tago tech is fine, but it seems perpetually OUT OF STOCK

1.5m is standard leh.

Can get it in china for 160 RMB, retail.

And I see some dude selling quite a number of sets in BnS.

1.5m is standard leh.

Can get it in china for 160 RMB, retail.

And I see some dude selling quite a number of sets in BnS.

Thanks I got a friend heading to China next week, I'll ask him to check for me!

Any other brands that are not that bad yet not too expensive?

Oh I was mistaken, 1.5m is alright, cuz I just realised the one I broke was 1.5m, and the spare one was way shorter than 1.5m, which I had thought to be 1.5m..

Thanks I got a friend heading to China next week, I'll ask him to check for me!

Any other brands that are not that bad yet not too expensive?

Oh I was mistaken, 1.5m is alright, cuz I just realised the one I broke was 1.5m, and the spare one was way shorter than 1.5m, which I had thought to be 1.5m..

You can see the Fancier Tripod here. Note that in china it is called WeiFeng FT-6662A.
http://detail.zol.com.cn/tripod/index133610.shtml

Prices have gone up a bit to around 180 RMB.

You can try other Fancier (weifeng) tripods. Quite a number cost under 100.

Apart from WeiFeng, there is nothing much worth looking at that cost below SGD100.

My suggestion? Up your budget to SGD180 and get the Sirui T-1004X with G10 ballhead. It is cheaper in Singapore even though it is a China brand. Get it at TK Foto.

Last edited:
You can see the Fancier Tripod here. Note that in china it is called WeiFeng FT-6662A.
http://detail.zol.com.cn/tripod/index133610.shtml

Prices have gone up a bit to around 180 RMB.

You can try other Fancier (weifeng) tripods. Quite a number cost under 100.

Apart from WeiFeng, there is nothing much worth looking at that cost below SGD100.

My suggestion? Up your budget to SGD180 and get the Sirui T-1004X with G10 ballhead. It is cheaper in Singapore even though it is a China brand. Get it at TK Foto.

thanks for the suggestions! it has been valuable!

yes, for picky users, the fancier is actually a bit shaky in strong wind.

i have not tried the sirui, but i have been hearing good things about that brand.

yes, for picky users, the fancier is actually a bit shaky in strong wind.

i have not tried the sirui, but i have been hearing good things about that brand.

Go check it out bro. I was very impressed by it. Especially the T-2204X.

Fancier is made very rough. And don't really last that long. I mean look at the price.. $38 retail... something's gotta give.

Last edited:
Go check it out bro. I was very impressed by it. Especially the T-2204X.

Fancier is made very rough. And don't really last that long. I mean look at the price.. $38 retail... something's gotta give.

And there are some people already letting go of it in B&S.

Do consider increasing your budget as you've already invested quite a sum for the camera and lens, don't leave it to chance by relying on a < $100 tripod.

In a short period of time, I have gone through 4 tripods. So, give yourself a peace of mind by getting something with a budget of $180 to $300. And at this range, you can get a very decent carbon fiber tripod. But since we don't know how tall you are, am not able to recommend you a specific model.

But you may consider giving the Vanguard Alta-Pro 263AT(Aluminium) tripod available @ TK Photo and K-13 Marketing. It costs about @288 with a ballhead. The center column can be tilted downwards to 180degrees.

HTH with your hunt for a tripod replacement.

Cheers!

I agreed that you should increase your budget to get a better and more sturdy tripod.
I have been using the free tripod given and the camera keep tilting downwards due to its own weight.

shop around and test the tripod before committing.
:)

Two thumbs up for this recommendation!!!

A good tripod is an investment, you will be rewarded with good, sturdy and no-shake photo taking.

yea buy something sturdy but not necessary to buy carbon fiber... which is expensive and not really lighter

For that kinda budget, u can only try Mass Sales le wor.. :think:

I m using fancier 6662A ,bought $60 from masssale. i have to say its really worth it for that price.

Thanks everyone for their advice! I will be getting one direct from a china contact!

I wanna sell my "Made in Germany" tripod. Use only once, no time to take photos. Pls contact me @91593000
tsk tsk tsk :nono:
this forum is for seeking advice, not for selling stuff...

I got mine "SLIk F740" $63 from Cathy photo. I find it very sturdy:thumbsup: good enough for a beginner.

I got mine "SLIk F740" $63 from Cathy photo. I find it very sturdy:thumbsup: good enough for a beginner.

Cannot like tt say. Beginner or pro, everyone needs a reasonably good and stable tripod. It is better to cater a higher budget for a slightly better tripod than to spend lesser now and realise you need a better one in a few months time. This is what I feel. :)

I wanna sell my "Made in Germany" tripod. Use only once, no time to take photos. Pls contact me @91593000

wrong section man..

plus you say until like that "made in germany" means what? reassuring all that its not a china made thing? haha..

you should post in BnS