Tripod Recommendation

Mar 16, 2009
Hi peeps! Im intending to buy a tripod soon. Any recommendations out there? My budget is $200 or slightly abv $200. I know manfrotto and benro are good. But i'd like to hear from people who have used it. How about digieye? Hope to hear some response. Cheers!

My setup is Fuji S5 Pro + Tammy 17-50

Last edited:
Suggest u head down to shops like CP and TK Foto whom have a extensive collection of Tripods on sale, including those u nt listed in your consideration (e.g. Sirui, Silk etc)Try it out for comfort, stability and weight etc..

Some models to recom for ur budget will be Sirui T 1004 and Manfrotto 190 xprob
Note : Tripod heads to be bought separately.

HTH :)

I got myself the Benro traveller series. It is really good for the price that you pay. Although it is made in China, the quality is really good and is value for money. But I cant really say the same with regards to the ball head.

I got myself the Benro traveller series. It is really good for the price that you pay. Although it is made in China, the quality is really good and is value for money. But I cant really say the same with regards to the ball head.

:thumbsup: I think TS has to know what is important to him. For me, compact and light. So I got traveller series also.

thanks alot bros for ur inputs. yes im looking for compact n light. which benro model of the traveller series are u all currently using?

numnumball: hey bro i see you've pimped up ur gear quite abit since the last time when i bought ur 18-105 kit lens. haha. thanks for your recommendation too!

Last edited:
Im using Benro...no issues so far....:)

Perhaps u all cld tell me the exact model u all are using? haha. so i can make up a shortlist of tripods i wanna try out when i go benphoto on saturday.

Perhaps u all cld tell me the exact model u all are using? haha. so i can make up a shortlist of tripods i wanna try out when i go benphoto on saturday.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450021

I have 2 actually. One is my Main Tripod in the link above that i use when need to support my system full rig or for use on uncertain ground. For light everyday use, i use a very cheap generic tripod.

For me, i avoid tripods that chances are will not survive airport baggage handling.

Last edited:
if you do not mind the weight, get a fancier @ $88 only... quite sturdy even for my 7D+17-55... it's around 1.4kg with the ballhead...

but if you will be doing alot of travelling with the tripod, get a CF series from SIRUI... can consider R1024, with ballhead only $285... but the quality is good, comparable to gitzo imo...

I'm using Benro C-268M8. I think it also depends on your budget and see if you want to compromise a bit here and there.

hey thanks all for ur recommendations! i guess i will start off with a fancier tripod for the time being as my pocket's a lil tight.

your suggestions wld really help when im gonna get a better tripod in the near future.

just to ask. is the fancier tripod good? is it sufficiently light? cause planning to get it too for a simple travel tripod

Suggest u head down to shops like CP and TK Foto whom have a extensive collection of Tripods on sale, including those u nt listed in your consideration (e.g. Sirui, Silk etc)Try it out for comfort, stability and weight etc..

Some models to recom for ur budget will be Sirui T 1004 and Manfrotto 190 xprob
Note : Tripod heads to be bought separately.

HTH :)

Yeah for about $250 you get can a 2nd hand manfrotoo 190xprob and a 486rc2 ballhead which is very durable and value for money
:thumbsup:

haha but are they sufficiently light? looking for a tripod to travel overseas with to shoot night landscapes =)