Tripod Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderdell

Apr 21, 2005
Singapore
I am thinking of getting a tripod, my budget will be up to $300 (hopefully can get one with a lot lesser cost).
My equipment will mostly be D200 with the batterygrip, SB600, and the 18-70mm.

Can you guys recommend me the best combination of tripod and the head within my budget?
what will be a good buy combination for the budget?

I know there are several brand & model in the market, which make me more confused.
can i get one made of carbon with that budget? :embrass:
coz i heard carbon is lighter

Your time and suggestion are greatly appreciated.

I am sorry if anyone has asked this thing before.

Hoping to get some recommendations before heading down to the store.

manfrotto 190prob + 486rc2... standard
no, no carbon fibre at that budget... maybe $200 more and you get it..

That's fast :)

Thanks ExplorerZ, guess that's the reason 190PROB MO is selling fast.

What about getting benro?

manfrotto 190prob + 486rc2... standard
QUOTE]

I bought this combi just a while after months of looking around. Highly recommended based on your budget.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, have you checked the "Others" category in this forum? There are a couple of sticky threads on tripod selection and prices. A good start from there.

Cheers.

I bought this combi just a while after months of looking around. Highly recommended based on your budget.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, have you checked the "Others" category in this forum? There are a couple of sticky threads on tripod selection and prices. A good start from there.

Cheers.

Hi Panzer,

Thanks for the assurance for the combo :).

I just checked the thread you mentioned, and wondering why other brands are not mention here yet.

Hi Guys,

I was in the same situation of shopping for a tripod.

I was told by Cathay Photo that the 190Pro is not selling. Is it true?
I also understand that the 488RC2 come with an additional ball lock.
According to the staff, they mentioned is good for pana shot.

Any thoughts?

Hi Guys,

I was in the same situation of shopping for a tripod.

I was told by Cathay Photo that the 190Pro is not selling. Is it true?
I also understand that the 488RC2 come with an additional ball lock.
According to the staff, they mentioned is good for pana shot.

Any thoughts?

As far as I'm aware, the 190Pro and 190ProB are discontinued. Manfrotto has released a new 190X (i.e. 190XB and 109XProB) range in place of these.

have been very happy with my benro M128n6 tripod and head... no prob mounting D200 18-200 and SB800 :thumbsup:

im very much happy with the benro carbon fibre tripod M057 & head BH-0 which i bought from jack006... worth it! fits your $300 budget laa! :bsmilie:

Personaly, Gitzo, Manfrotto, Benro, etc ...are good brands to me on the world-wide market. (of course there many other good brands as well).

Please refer to the thread below for Benro tripod/head can do if you are interested to find out more about Benro (a very new brand compare to Gitzo , manfrotto).

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=257555&page=5

Thank you very much for supporting this Young Brand to all the Benro users out there!

MÝ Ðë©ËMBëR®;3042813 said:
im very much happy with the benro carbon fibre tripod M057 & head BH-0 which i bought from jack006... worth it! fits your $300 budget laa! :bsmilie:

This is good.

Hi Jack006, I would like to see and try the combo if possible.
can we arrange that

Status
Not open for further replies.