Tripod Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBT816

Nov 30, 2005
Any recommendations for a tripod? I need one for that is light and good for travelling. I currently use a Nikon d50+kit lens+70-300mmG. Thanks!

The gitzo series 2 are study and not too heavy. For travel, the 4 section ones are more portable, though. I'm using the 3 section G1224 as it's more rigid but carrying around is a tat troublesome (longer collapsed length).

I still prefer the older 1227, I used it when I was in Japan, can't feel much weight while carrying it aorund

RBT816 said:
Any recommendations for a tripod? I need one for that is light and good for travelling. I currently use a Nikon d50+kit lens+70-300mmG. Thanks!

Manfrotto 7xx series is quite good for your purpose.
But as other posted, the Gitzo 1228 is also good, but do note the price tag ;)

I also recommend 1228. I'm not sure if the 1227 can fit into the luggage.

If you think both are too big, then try 1027. It may look skinny, but if used properly, is quite sufficient for the gear you listed.

Moved thread to a more appropriate location

Ian
Nikon Forum Moderator.

Any idea where to get the mentioned gitzo 1228 at a good price?

jumbocrab said:
I also recommend 1228. I'm not sure if the 1227 can fit into the luggage.

If you think both are too big, then try 1027. It may look skinny, but if used properly, is quite sufficient for the gear you listed.
1228 is 4 section whilst 1227 is 3 section, so the 1227 is bigger definitely, but no problems with handcarrying up from Singapore Airport, however, the airport you're departing from back will probably request you to check in. Can always ask for hand check in and tag a few hundred "FRAGILE" tags to the bag :bsmilie:

However, back to topic, the tripod is an overkill for the above setup though :)

yehosaphat said:
Any idea where to get the mentioned gitzo 1228 at a good price?
Stopped production IIRC, the newer replacement models are out at CP, but snapped up within a few days. You might want to head to CP to do a reservation with Chris/Steven.

Fwah... just realised that a 1028 cost $500?!

Got any cheaper ones that is reasonably good as well?

gt a slik pro 330DX-good tripod....
u need strong tripods to hold ur cam...

price:abt S$130;)

I have a 350D with 10-22mm lens. Budget arnd 100 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.