Tripod Recommendation. (BUDGET)

gbomsom

Jun 9, 2011
Hello there, anyone can give me some reccommendation over tripod? Im currently a 600D, EPL-3 and S95 user. I have a canon and nikon tripod (cheap ones) but they are way too bulky. i require a slimmer version. Budget lower than $50 hopefully. Can you suggest what to buy and where to buy? Thanks so so much.

There are tonnes of materials on CS regarding this. Please browse through the information, and of course go down to the shops to have an actual feel of the tripod. Bring along your bulkiest/heaviest setup and test.

Basically, there are 3 variables: Weight, Price and Stability. One of which has to be sacrificed.

1) Light and Cheap = Not stable
2) Light and Stable = Not cheap
3) Stable and Cheap = Not Light

Hello there, anyone can give me some reccommendation over tripod? Im currently a 600D, EPL-3 and S95 user. I have a canon and nikon tripod (cheap ones) but they are way too bulky. i require a slimmer version. Budget lower than $50 hopefully. Can you suggest what to buy and where to buy? Thanks so so much.

Lower than S$50? I doubt there is such a tripod... even if there is, I would suggest you skip them... might as well use your free tripod.

Budget $50 very hard to get a tripod suitable for dslr. Probably too weak and flimsy and at this price it will be more suitable for a compact camera. Don't compromise and risk dropping your dslr. Set a budget of at least $100 to get something more stable and dslr worthy :)

for $50, you can only consider a used tripod, but even that, any decent tripod selling around $100 will be snap up very fast.

Lower than $50 is tough.

$60-$70 you can take a look at Tago-tech's or Reddotphoto's budget tripods. They are quite ok, but if you're a heavy user who really believes in tough love for tripods then they won't last, sad but true. If not, they should hold up for a decent amount of time.

If you can shell out just that bit more, you can try Sirui tripods. Take a look at TK's site, price list is also there, in the region of $120 upwards IIRC: Welcome to T K FOTO - Home

if you don't mind second hand and abit of trawling, you could try Salvation Army Bukit Timah. a lot of tripods there. Decent enough for me to use, not sure if its up to other's expectations. i got mine at $15 (which i thought was expensive!)

if you don't mind second hand and abit of trawling, you could try Salvation Army Bukit Timah. a lot of tripods there. Decent enough for me to use, not sure if its up to other's expectations. i got mine at $15 (which i thought was expensive!)

hahaha! really? they have it there? i shall go down have a look in awhile! :D since imma drop some shoes off there for donation.
Thanks to all who replied, i think im looking more towards compact and semi pro. mmmmmm...

You can try those $30 tripods that they sell at camera shops. Some even come with a bag etc.

But definitely not for your dslr.

The best tripod is the one you bring along. No point buying an expensive but heavy one. A thin cheapo aluminum tripod would work fine.

The best tripod is the one you bring along. No point buying an expensive but heavy one. A thin cheapo aluminum tripod would work fine.

It will work fine until it topples or falls apart, and your two thousand dollar camera and lens goes own with it onto the hard concrete, or worse still, into the water..

That is if the tripod is for TS's S95.

agree with the first and second parts of your comments, but not the third one. :)

I have a very heavy tripod, that is my favourite one, I don't bring it out often, only for paid assignment, if anyone kick my tripod, he will need to go to ER.

Fancier 6662, good budget $68 for new one. I hold 18-200mm very steady!

agree with the first and second parts of your comments, but not the third one. :)

I have a very heavy tripod, that is my favourite one, I don't bring it out often, only for paid assignment, if anyone kick my tripod, he will need to go to ER.

D:

what is that tripod that you own? :eek:

D:

what is that tripod that you own? :eek:

the Gitzo tripod on the left...

DSC_0052_tripods_2009.jpg
[/IMG]