Status
Not open for further replies.

hmtiong

Sep 26, 2003
Visit site
is there any idea of how to protect you tripod

-- example tripod bag, leg protection?

Pls share your idea.

is carbon one need to protect or not... doen't need meh.............

hmtiong said:
is there any idea of how to protect you tripod

-- example tripod bag, leg protection?

Pls share your idea.

Just get a tripod bag if you really wants to mantain tip-top condition. And clean it after use.

zekai said:
huh, tripod also need to protect? from what? scratches?

ya lor..usually tripod is considered rough-use stuff :think:

any idea about ball-head protection? My tripod and ballhead took a nasty fall last week.... the tripod is alright but my lovely ballhead took a few nasty scratches *gek sim* :cry: Luckily camera not mounted. :sweat:

How about protecting yourself from your tripod? I use Optech Leg Protectors to preserve my poor shoulders whenever I'm carrying my long lens setup on my tripod. Makes a huge world of difference. And they do protect the legs too of course, CF legs are more prone to damage so some form of protection is advisable.

Terence said:
How about protecting yourself from your tripod? I use Optech Leg Protectors to preserve my poor shoulders whenever I'm carrying my long lens setup on my tripod. Makes a huge world of difference. And they do protect the legs too of course, CF legs are more prone to damage so some form of protection is advisable.
isn't carbon fiber the material used to build the cockpit of the F1 car? shouldn't it be strong?

hehehehe the more expensive you bought, the more laychay the maintenance :D

I have brought my Manfrotto tripod soaked into seawater (check jawa) and also bring it submerged to a chest deep water and it's still alive and kicking. I always clean it up though, after any nasty treatment.

justarius said:
any idea about ball-head protection? My tripod and ballhead took a nasty fall last week.... the tripod is alright but my lovely ballhead took a few nasty scratches *gek sim* :cry: Luckily camera not mounted. :sweat:

I use gaffer tape to protect the surface of the ballhead. Simple and can easily be changed when they drop out or became worn off. A good protection against my sweaty palm too ;)

oh yah, please dun waste $$$ on leg warmer if you not going to sub zero temp region...

Status
Not open for further replies.