tripod(pls advise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
if i get those tripod at carrefour that cost less than $20 to put my F65 on it will the tripod wobble?? can it support its weight?

Originally posted by klein
if i get those tripod at carrefour that cost less than $20 to put my F65 on it will the tripod wobble?? can it support its weight?

bring your camera there to try it?

I have not seen that $20 tripod before...but since u are using SLR, probably should get a more stable one...

unless u are using a small DC, then any cheap tripod should be fine...

That tripod is light, but it is quite unstable when fully extended. Can't expect much from a $20 tripod :D

Should get one that matches the weight of your cam...

Originally posted by klein

I almost buy that type, but after some consideration I did not. I found the tripod looks cheap and light. I was thinking why not I add some more money and I can get a better one. So I went to CP and look thru their tripod. In the end I got myself SLIK6600 for $43, the material is much better and does not look cheap :)

cheers

what's the heaviest lens u have? and u plan to upgrade? plus ur height?

My advise is, if you value your camera, forget that $20 tripod. Get something that is more sturdy and stronger when extended. U didn't spend a fortune on your camera to skimp on a tripod. :)

The $20 one is too small. You should get the $30 one, got 3 sizes there iirc.

i using F65 and my heavest lens is 300mm.

my height is around 172-173.

hope u guys can recommend me a tripod cause if its too low im scared my back would hurt because of a previous injury.

there are some clubsnap members who told me not to buy but the problem is i want to take night shots without tripod some say there might be camera shake.So i really dont know???

unless of course there is a way to shoot night shots without shaking too much then i wont buy.

i hoping to buy it maybe in a few months time cause now i am really broke after getting my first SLR.

hope when the time comes for me to buy maybe u guys can accompany me. hee hee . if there are any good 2nd hand deals pls keep me informed.

quite nice people around here though.

U8000 cost abt $50 @ CP when I last checked..
for ur case, make a trip down & listen to the older salesman advice.
I did, with out buying anything, and he din even mind it.

I am using the Slik U8000 for my prosumer DC, so far no problems. Very stable and light...fits guys who are 1.73m well.

Status
Not open for further replies.