Tripod or handheld for macro?

handheld or use tripod for macro shots?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither. Monopod. And i'm talking about insect macros at 1:1 magnification or more. With flash.

wow what an old tread! I bet it would be embarassing for some

anyway I shoot most of my macros handheld and normally at 1:1 magnification
which means that the object would appear the same size on a neg

eg shooting a ruler at 1:1, the 10mm mark will still be 10mm on the negative

what a read!!:bsmilie:

i shoot with tripod most of the time because i suck in handholding.... still trying to perfect it
and ditch my tripod...:bsmilie:

cheers...

wow what an old tread! I bet it would be embarassing for some

anyway I shoot most of my macros handheld and normally at 1:1 magnification
which means that the object would appear the same size on a neg

eg shooting a ruler at 1:1, the 10mm mark will still be 10mm on the negative

Hi Ortega,

Just a side track. I'm still learning on macro. In order to get a 1:1 magnification. Do I need to shoot at a effective distance as specify by the lens?

Hi Ortega,

Just a side track. I'm still learning on macro. In order to get a 1:1 magnification. Do I need to shoot at a effective distance as specify by the lens?

Yeah. Those dedicated macro lenses would have a scale for the macros. At least my Tamron 90mm does, from 1:10 (approx 1m) all the way to 1:1 (approx 0.29m) ;)

Don't have a tripod currently, so shooting my macros either handheld or with a monopod.

i shoot almost all my macros, even at 1:1, handheld.

i use tripod with micro positioning plate only if the subject is "willing", thus i can do the setup. most bugs aren't, so i do it handheld :).

Tripod..... I lost some "can-be" good shots to shakes. Well, if its hand-shots you are talking, remember that you have to credit your flash or other source of bright lights too - okie??!!

i shoot almost all my macros, even at 1:1, handheld.

i use tripod with micro positioning plate only if the subject is "willing", thus i can do the setup. most bugs aren't, so i do it handheld :).

Oh! I was wondering what those markings on the QR plate for the MH-1200 were for o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.