tripod or flash

Tripod is crucial in taking landscape.
Flash may not be that crucial yet for you.

Just remember that Flash and Tripod may last longer than your camera body. So choose your flash and tripod wisely.

For me, i started off with the D90 Kit set and then i browse through the lens catalogs, assessories catalogs, online store etc. . .

i list down things that i wish to expand and buy.

Just my 2 cents . . . go for a good tripod first . . .

night photography (landscape), tripod
portrait, flash.

I was in the exact same position and decided to go for tripod first as without tripod you cannot take landscape/long shutter but without flash you can still take pics of friends (at least still got built-in flash).

I still ended up buying a flash but that was when I've saved enough after the tripod.
Hi... 5^ LOL same problem thats why buy both

I would say get a tripod first.

You don't need to learn how to use a tripod well. But once you get a flash, you'll need to learn how to control the flash lighting in order to use it properly.

I got the flash first. It helped me in many cases, but for night photography I'll bring out a tripod and occassionally hesitate on whether to bring flash

I wud say get a good tripod first. If ur cam comes with pop flash, just get one of those pop flash diffusers. I was one is the same situation too. But i realised that photos with my frens dun really need a big ext flash. so just use the built in pop flash lo. Bought some diffusers for 10 bucks. :)

If budget is a problem, get 2nd hand stuff off CS. A lot of photographers sell away tripods and flashes wen upgrading, so u can sweep them up at lower prices:)

hello, really thanks alot.
i think i will get tripod first. cos i think next few months i will wanna to go take sunset and sunrise.
i read the books by scott kelby. he recommended manfrotto by bogen 190XDB and a ballhead 322rc2.
any CSers know ard how much they cost? or any other lower budget tripod which is good for long term use?

actually i got consider getting second hand. but i dont feel safe because tripod are something that people bring outside, expose to alot of weather element, so i think i better get new 1.
any opinion on this?