tripod mount for ipad2

...why on earth would you want to do that?

Rashkae said:
...why on earth would you want to do that?

Lol Rashkae it seems like you are shocked and confused by that. But I think everybody just wants to try new stuff.

my goodness..am i missing something.. would be shocking to see 1. is there even 1 for iphone yet? ^^

There is also the SLR lens mount for iPhone. Would like to see that for iPad too. Thinking how to hold it. Lol.

Long exposure on ipad may be.

Well, again, why on earth would you want to do that? Even a several-years-old K750i has a better camera than the iPad... and SE released a tripod mount for it!!

Well, again, why on earth would you want to do that? Even a several-years-old K750i has a better camera than the iPad... and SE released a tripod mount for it!!

because that was a cybershot camera. so for a camera, a tripod is necessary, no?

anyways.. i bet. it's more for skype and video conferencing that TS needs the tripod.

It wasn't me who wanted to do this but I guess different people do different things. I believe there are things that you do that people would also like to ask why, like some of your replies (just an example ;) ).

It wasn't me who wanted to do this but I guess different people do different things. I believe there are things that you do that people would also like to ask why, like some of your replies (just an example ;) ).

Those I can explain. ;)

anything like that in SG? not a tripod mount per se but a accessory that can be mounted onto existing tripod where DSLR sit on a ball head and iPad on that side.

iklip-ipad2-mainbanner.jpg

You can try finding two way clamps instead. One clamp on iPad the other one clamp to a rail that can be mounted on tripod. Something like that no need dedicated tripod holder. Will not be surprised if china invents it and sell on eBay.

You can always choose not to use it anyway....is just a suggestion for cheap alternative.

Just sharing as was looking for something like this as well sometime back. Rather than get something dedicated, Just decided to improvise with existing equipment. Not pretty - but I use a reversed old Gorillapod SLR with a magic arm - a lot of flexibility for placement and viewing angles. usually use it with a clamp rather than attaching it directly to a tripod so you can mount it to the tripod legs, a light stand, a laptop stand, etc. I don't use the camera itself, but the iPad is a lighter alternative to a laptop (with a longer battery life to boot) for wireless tethering via Shuttersnitch and the WFT-E5.

IMG_3597.jpg