Tripod legs and head Recommended for D30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEoPHYte31

Feb 12, 2003
Philippines
As of the moment, I am using a cheap, $30 Velbon CX440 tripod. I took some long exposure shots with my D30 the other day and decided the tripod was too shaky.

Any recommendations as to what tripod to get? Preferably max amount to spend on both a BALL head and tripod legs is around $150.

Any suggestions?

Hm manfrotto 190 series + manfrotto (168,352rc, 308rc) ballhead should fit your budget nicely

For a $150 budget, I will suggest you go for a pan/title head. Cheaper ball head will slip even when lock tight.

Maybe get a 141RC?

Originally posted by binbeto
For a $150 budget, I will suggest you go for a pan/title head. Cheaper ball head will slip even when lock tight.

Maybe get a 141RC?

The current tripod im using now: Velbon CX440 is a pan and tilt and head and I hate it.. so many dials and buttons to twist and turn.

which is why I want a ball head now.. :)

Any clue on the street price of the Manfrotto 055?

Any comments about the ballhead 222? The one that is a grip..

Looks interesting..

I guess manfrotto 055 will cost u 140 in CP.. dunno about the head..

btw there are a couple of manfrottos on sale in this forum.. why dun u try them

try the Slik Ballhead 800? Should be sturdy enough and cost similar to the Manfrotto 222 if I'm not wrong (~$100).

I'm selling a 190 at $95! PM mi if you are interested. The feet changed to spike ones and not the screw type clamp liao. I changed it to those quick-release type.

Problem is, I dont live in Singapore! heehee.. I currently reside in the Philippines.

Tomorrow, I am purchasing a used Manfrotto 486 Ball head for roughly 57 Singapore Dollars.

Is that a good price? Owner says ball head was used for 2 months, in excellent condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.