tripod in hand luggage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roidan

Jun 11, 2002
Visit site
is it ok to bring tripod in hand luggage?

or will they ask you to take out and check in separately? :)

have brought along tripods several times. no question asked. but mine's a light (<1kg) one.

haha...normally no prob one la...juz tt maybe its my face lo.... young punk cannot be photog hahaa.....

thanks bros..

coz i just bought the SLIK sprint mini today and was wondering if they will make a fuss over the sharp ends of the tripod legs..hehe

since no problem by you guys here...then should be ok...

I was stopped carrying my sprint pro n was forced to check in the tripod. Just this June.

My friend was carrying a full length umbrella was asked to check in the umbrella too.

My guess is that it also depends on your luck. You need to be lucky to meet an easy going guard.

a small tripod shld snug neatly into a hand lagguage,
else get a tripod bag for the bigger ones.
but some airport might have some item length restrictions.
like Japan. handcarry cannot exceed a certain lenght

the 190D fits in the limit when ya break up the centre column.

enjoy.

i do not see a problem even if they want to inspect it and/or want it checked in together with your luggage.

i managed to squeeze the sprint mini into the lowepro mini trekker....
this should be my only hand luggage lor....so i wonder if i put my bag through the Xray machine at the boarding gate, will they rip my tripod out and demand it to be checked in :D

very ley chey....because once reaching destination tokyo i will have to wait for the transit flight to fukuoka. the earlier checked in luggage will be transferred automatically...but i scared this last minute tripod (if insisted at the boarding gate to be checked in) will be lost in transit :sweat:

roidan said:
i managed to squeeze the sprint mini into the lowepro mini trekker....
this should be my only hand luggage lor....so i wonder if i put my bag through the Xray machine at the boarding gate, will they rip my tripod out and demand it to be checked in :D

very ley chey....because once reaching destination tokyo i will have to wait for the transit flight to fukuoka. the earlier checked in luggage will be transferred automatically...but i scared this last minute tripod (if insisted at the boarding gate to be checked in) will be lost in transit :sweat:

leave it in your checked-in luggage/s.

was thinking of using the tripod for group shots will in tokyo waiting 3hrs for the connecting flight to fukuoka....sigh

seems that can only use the tripod when i get back the checked in luggage at fukuoka then.....

Try handcarry first, if htey don't allow, then check it in. I carry my bigger tripod handcarry all the time, and sometimes in the check in if there is space. No problems sofar, it was the airline staff that asked me what it was, not the security, they just scan it, thats it. Also went to Japan a few times with tripod as handluggage, no questions asked, here and in Japan. Once I had bought several Large Format lenses in Japan and at the okyo airport I had to unpack and let them scan twice as they couldn't tell what it was from the scans :)

Hong Sien

why would anyone need a tripod during the flight? :dunno:

it's to take group photos in tokyo airport while waiting 3 hours for the connecting flight to fukuoka...

reason is if i check in the tripod with the luggage..i will only get to use the tripod in fukuoka and cannot use it while waiting 3hrs in tokyo aiport.

3hrs in tokyo airport.....that's alot of time to take pictures :confused:

roidan said:
it's to take group photos in tokyo airport while waiting 3 hours for the connecting flight to fukuoka...

reason is if i check in the tripod with the luggage..i will only get to use the tripod in fukuoka and cannot use it while waiting 3hrs in tokyo aiport.

3hrs in tokyo airport.....that's alot of time to take pictures :confused:

You should be taking photos in Fukuoka airport. XD
Heard from the air stewardesses on my Japan flights talking about this really pretty girl at the JAL check-in counter at the Fukuoka domestic terminal.
They say go already sure know which one they referring to one. XD

Prismatic said:
You should be taking photos in Fukuoka airport. XD
Heard from the air stewardesses on my Japan flights talking about this really pretty girl at the JAL check-in counter at the Fukuoka domestic terminal.
They say go already sure know which one they referring to one. XD
Girls talking about another girl?........sure they are girls? :)

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.