Tripod+Head max load/weight calulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuySell

Mar 20, 2008
Hello,

I'm new to tripod and would like to ask if a tripod weights 2KG and the tripod's max load is 10kg, then if i add a head whcih weight 1KG and heads ma load is 5KG, the overall for the whole sell will weight 3KG and max load is 15KG(unless if i minus off the head which weight 1KG to get a current max load of 14KG).

Is my calculation correct?

Please confirm or advise.

Thank you :)

Hello,

I'm new to tripod and would like to ask if a tripod weights 2KG and the tripod's max load is 10kg, then if i add a head whcih weight 1KG and heads ma load is 5KG, the overall for the whole sell will weight 3KG and max load is 15KG(unless if i minus off the head which weight 1KG to get a current max load of 14KG).

Is my calculation correct?

Please confirm or advise.

Thank you :)

It always fail at the weakest link, the setup you mentioned max load is 5KG.

It always fail at the weakest link, the setup you mentioned max load is 5KG.

How come 5KG only? we only can count the max load of the head instead of the tripod+head amx load?

How come 5KG only? we only can count the max load of the head instead of the tripod+head amx load?

Its really common sense. If your tripod head can only withstand 5kg, then how can it take the weight equivalent to the capacity of both the tripod and head add together???

You are staking everything on top of each other. Weight and carrying capacity of equipment have to be taken into consideration before you add additional loading to the set up. E.g. if the carrying capacity of the tripod is 10kg and weight of the head is 1kg, your tripod will only be able to carry 9kg after you mount the head on it.

Image...

1.) Ballhead (max load 5kg) sit on a Tripod (max load 10kg)

2.) You place your camera set (eg. 6kg) on the ballhead+tripod.

3.) Your ballhead fail as the camera setup (6kg) exceed the ball head max load of 5kg.

Or

Ballhead (max load 40kg) sit on a Tripod (max load 5kg)

2.) You place your camera set (eg. 6kg) on the ballhead+tripod.

3.) Your tripod fail as the camera setup (6kg) exceed the tripod max load of 5kg.

the tripod's max load, and the head's max load, whichever is lower, is the max load useable. but in order for the setup to perform at it's best, do not load the setup more than 80%.

Status
Not open for further replies.