tripod head for shooting in portrait position

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
as i can do studio shoot from 10am to 10pm:bsmilie: , my hands often tire out and gets sore after a session.

is there any tripod heads that can hold my camera with it's vertical grip and a 70-200 lens so that it wont 'creep' down?

i have a manfrotto 190B and a gitzo tripod.but when i tilt it to the portrait position, it is definitely not stable at all.

For general range lens like 24-70mm, use a L bracket

for telephoto/zoom lens like 70-200mm, use the tripod collar

For general range lens like 24-70mm, use a L bracket

for telephoto/zoom lens like 70-200mm, use the tripod collar

oh, i forgot about the tripod collar as i took it out and 'dunno put where oledi'.thanks.

but assuming i'm using a lens without a tripod collar, is there a extremely sturdy head or L bracket i could get?

can recommend or got pics?i dont even know what an L bracket looks like.:embrass:

Hi Jeanie,Are you using the D200? I have a very good Really Right Stuff L Bracket that I'm selling (since I no longer have the D200) that works for the D200 + Grip. http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php=3ft=3d262704 L brackets are very good for portrait orientation as it ensures that your camera is kept on top of the ballhead/tripod head instead of flopped to one side, ensuring greater stability.Let me know if you're interested.
oh, i forgot about the tripod collar as i took it out and 'dunno put where oledi'.thanks.

but assuming i'm using a lens without a tripod collar, is there a extremely sturdy head or L bracket i could get?

can recommend or got pics?i dont even know what an L bracket looks like.:embrass:

Well, you can take a look here :

Someon selling a L bracket

Hi Jeanie,Are you using the D200? I have a very good Really Right Stuff L Bracket that I'm selling (since I no longer have the D200) that works for the D200 + Grip. http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php=3ft=3d262704 L brackets are very good for portrait orientation as it ensures that your camera is kept on top of the ballhead/tripod head instead of flopped to one side, ensuring greater stability.Let me know if you're interested.

yes, d200.
i clicked on link and it says file not found lei?

ok i saw it liao.

how do you flip it to portrait orientation?i cant picture how it works neh:dunno:

ok i saw it liao.

how do you flip it to portrait orientation?i cant picture how it works neh:dunno:

If I am not wrong, that L plate is for arca swiss ball head... works like a quick release plate. Just that you can mount it in 2 orientation.

What ball head are you using?

BC

i am using this one.

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/2306?livid=80&lsf=80&child=2

dun tell me i got to buy another ballhead just to accomo the L bracket.

I'm afraid so.. unless u can change the clamp...

read more about the L plate here...

these plates use a dovetail design which are used by all professional ballheads (arca swiss, RRS, markins, etc...)

I'm afraid so.. unless u can change the clamp...

read more about the L plate here...

these plates use a dovetail design which are used by all professional ballheads (arca swiss, RRS, markins, etc...)

oic...so sad.need to spend so much just to mount the cam in port position.
i'll pass then....i rather spend the $ on massages.:bsmilie:

get this one....
Arca-Swiss Monoball B1 Ball Head with Quick Flip Quick Release (Requires Quick Release Plate) - Supports 90 lbs

get this one....
Arca-Swiss Monoball B1 Ball Head with Quick Flip Quick Release (Requires Quick Release Plate) - Supports 90 lbs

mikey,
how muchie?i dun print $ for a living.:bsmilie:
the name itself already sounds damn ex.

mikey,
how muchie?i dun print $ for a living.:bsmilie:
the name itself already sounds damn ex.

Apparently the B1 is more expensive than the newer monoball Z which is the most recent model. About $8xx and supports up to 55-60kg (diff websites list differently:dunno: ). It is lighter and smaller than the B1 and holds slightly more weight.

Apparently the B1 is more expensive than the newer monoball Z which is the most recent model. About $8xx and supports up to 55-60kg (diff websites list differently:dunno: ). It is lighter and smaller than the B1 and holds slightly more weight.

800+ for a tripod head....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.