Tripod for travelling & day trip : Manfrotto, Sirui, Something else ?

dynoto

Feb 22, 2017
Singapro
Hi guys, can i ask for some opinion on buying my first tripod.

I need a tripod that i'll be using forever (till it breaks), so first i'll start with what i need for my criteria to get some clarity.

- My current rig is Sony Alpha A7ii mirrorless + 28mm lens, So i don't think the tripod need to support heavy cameras, as i'll be shooting solely on primes and small lenses
- Weight I can bear around 1.5kg, will be using backpack waistbelt to help distribute the weight, but light enough so i can carry around for the whole day of shooting either in Singapore or overseas
- Carbon Fiber only ^^ (don't like aluminium)
- Comes with head

Currently I've narrowed down the choices between Manfrotto Befree and Sirui ET-2204 + E20.

From what i've read, a lot of experts recommend on not-cheaping out on tripods because people tend to keep upgrading their tripods and spent more more than they should have from the beginning (which i think is somewhat true).

So should i just go ahead with the manfrotto? or perhaps theres some quality alternatives here that i can take a look at.
i've thought of considering Mefoto Globetrotter but thats a bit out of range :sweat:

I am using Manfrotto Befree but aluminum version.
I would say take your time and choose a good one your budget can afford. If not, save up and afford one that you like.

I am using Manfrotto Befree but aluminum version.
I would say take your time and choose a good one your budget can afford. If not, save up and afford one that you like.

thanks for the reply! just curious any problem about the height? i supposed due to the nature of size need to always bend to see the viewfinder

thanks for the reply! just curious any problem about the height? i supposed due to the nature of size need to always bend to see the viewfinder

Simple Just go to TK Foto and try them out.

so far so good. I would say its a bit shorter than normal tripods (my previous MT055XPRO3).
usually I shoot low and with live view.

I agree with shierwin, you may want to go down to the shops like TK Foto(Sirui distributor) to try out.

thanks guys, ended up buying the 290XTRA, got a good deal from eBay ^^
Carrying it around, suprisingly it wasn't that cumbersome although didn't fit into my backpack.