Tripod choices?

zozzcyx

Aug 19, 2010
Singapore
Hi to everyone out there!

I recently just got into photography and am currently thinking about getting a tripod. Went to some stalls in Funan and saw some carbon fibre tripods made in China selling for about $300. before I make any choices, I would really appreciate some advice from the pros out there about better tripod choices and where to get them, thanks alot! :)

*face palm* OMG....

First of all, welcome to CS. Secondly, are we to assume you're using Nikon D3s/Canon 1D Mk IV? Or a $150 compact camera? :bsmilie:

I have been using a 500D for about a year already, just bought a 5D Mark II thats why I decided to invest in a proper tripod for general use :)

I have been using a 500D for about a year already, just bought a 5D Mark II thats why I decided to invest in a proper tripod for general use :)

MUCH better... :bsmilie: Well, if you want quality China brand, I'd recommend Sirui (TKfotos carries the range). Bring your DSLR down to test for weight and vibration control, get one of the Sales personel to help, explain and recommend to you. Do tell them your needs (for travel or normal carry around). Philip was very patient and helpful to me, hence I'm very happy with my Sirui now. Secondly, you might think about a proper ball-head as well since 5D is not exactly lightweight.

Last edited:
Yea Sirui was the brand recommended too, was just wondering if there are any other reputable brands out there?

Yea Sirui was the brand recommended too, was just wondering if there are any other reputable brands out there?

Benro, Velbon, if you scroll down the threads and look for tripod headers, you'll find plenty of recommended brands.

Hmm so you haven't been using a tripod for you 500D all along? For $300 you can get a very decent tripod. Don't just get reviews. Bring your gear down to the shop and try out the tripods for yourself. I suggest TK because of the variety and there are price tags

There are other brands like Manfrotto,Benro,Vanguard,Fotopro,etc...

If not,just a simple type of the word 'tripod' in the search function will give you more results:)

Hmm so you haven't been using a tripod for you 500D all along? For $300 you can get a very decent tripod. Don't just get reviews. Bring your gear down to the shop and try out the tripods for yourself. I suggest TK because of the variety and there are price tags

erm yea 500D was just like a recreational dslr for me to see if I would be interested in photography, and now since I got the 5D I might as well get a proper tripod :)

There are other brands like Manfrotto,Benro,Vanguard,Fotopro,etc...

If not,just a simple type of the word 'tripod' in the search function will give you more results:)

ok thanks!:)