Tripod buying guide, experts please advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanfong

Dec 4, 2007
Hi,

1.I'm planning to buy a tripod this Friday and I would like to know what are the things to look ou for.

2. I'm wanted to use it for portrait, landscape and night shooting. Ermm... is there any multi purpose tripod or is it all tripod are design to perform multi purpose.:dunno:

3. Please recommend some tripod brand and model.

4. Where to get the best price? CP or Alan photo or... please suggest to me.

I would appreciate your time for guiding me on tripod. Thanks!;):heart:

1. you need to know your height, the tripod that you choose must suit you
2. you need to know the weight of your current and future equipment, the tripod you choose must be able to hold your equipment still
3. you need to know your budget
4. you also need to note the weight of the tripod and head together

buy a good one and it will last you for a very long time

Some experts prefer "ball-type head". I don't know the reason. Is your camera big and heavy? If so you need a strong one. Some tripod are cheap but not strong enough. If your budget allows, look for a kinda tripod with can also use as "monopod". It is useful in Pan shots.

If you are looking @ Manfrotto tripod system. You can try the Configurator to setup a tripod for your needs.

Manfrotto Configurator
presented by Manfrotto.

great site.. thanks
anymore that offers a folded length that is less than 40cm for travelling uses?

Some experts prefer "ball-type head". I don't know the reason.

with the ball head... u move the camera to the position u want instead of moving the tripod handles to adjust the camera... more control i guess... and its more expensive :cry:

Hey people, sorry to hijack sanfong's thread, but I'm in the same situation as well.

1. you need to know your height: 1.6 - 1.8m

2. you need to know the weight of your current and future equipment: Nothing more than 2kg (Canon 400d, 400 - 600g lenses, maybe a speedlight in future)

3. you need to know your budget: What's the average price for a tripod that doesn't need to go beyond 3kg of equipment weight? Ok, maybe 300 - 500 for a sturdy one that can last very long.

4. you also need to note the weight of the tripod and head together: n/a

Status
Not open for further replies.