Tripod + Ballhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Actually am looking for a new tripod after I sold my SLIK U8000 away.

I was thinking of the following setup for my camera.

Manfrotto 190D Pro
486 RC Ballhead

My camera setup is:

CP5700
MB-E5700
SB-80DX

I would like to query the experts around here if the 486 ballhead is a good one as I would like this tripod setup to last further then just 7 months compared to the SLIK U8000.

I dumped the U8000 because it cannot support stably the camera setup at portrait position nor at horizontal position. So am looking at another tripod setup with a budget of $200

I saw chyeo selling his 190B + 141 RC. Is it good enough? I was thinking if I upgrade to a SLR/DSLR in 2 years time, I want the tripod to last till even through the upgrades. (I'll consider Gitzos and those heavy duty RC plates another day :D )

Thanks for the feedback.

The below setup is more than sufficient for ur 5700, and should last you through most of the SLR/DSLR setup, unless u got heavy setup thereafter.

486RC2's stated max load is 6kg. I reckon it will be sufficient.

190ProB + the 486RC2 ballhead should be S$200++

BTW 141 RC is a pan and tilt head, not a ballhead.

Originally posted by espn

Manfrotto 190D Pro
486 RC Ballhead

Thanks AJ23, your feedback is most informative :) Thanks.

I will bring my setup down tomorrow and check out the price at CP. :)

NP. :) Get the 190ProB if u have the budget. It's a good tripod.

Originally posted by espn
Thanks AJ23, your feedback is most informative :) Thanks.

I will bring my setup down tomorrow and check out the price at CP. :)

Originally posted by AJ23
NP. :) Get the 190ProB if u have the budget. It's a good tripod.

Ah. I think I was referring to the 190B Pro, I can't remember which one was the one with the Pro version. Thanks for informing me :)

digi 719b... cheap and good!~ abt 150, but comes with integrated ball head, manfrotto quality, and its light... def can support a 10d + flash + lens

I got the 190 Pro (black) at the price of the silver one :D because I haggled with Steven there, and then he say since I first customer of the day he gave me that price :D

However they had no stock for the 486RC2, I bought a nameless ballhead that can support my setup, at $50. Good enough for the time being.

Am pleased with the tripod. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.