Tripod, bags and screen protector for 5050.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CG3

hello people,

i just bought my c5050, 256 trancend cf card and a few other bits and pieces. the next things to get on my list are as follows:

- (tripod) nothing out of the world, just something about $50-70. is the slik good? can someone recommend one? also where is a good cheap place with a big range that i can get it?

- (camera bag) was thinking of getting a crumpler? any other good bags to recommend? what model would fit 2 out of the following 3 at any one time- (c5050, small SLR, a sony dv cam tvr18). thinking of getting one that can fit 2 or 3 of my gears...is there any other places other than CP and AP to look for bags or are they the best?

- (screen protector) lastly i hope this is the last thing i would need, there is a big hole in my pocket.... what brand? cost ? and where to get?

Head down to CP and pick your choice, and ask the sale person to recommend to you, isn't it better...??

Originally posted by CG3
- (tripod) nothing out of the world, just something about $50-70. is the slik good? can someone recommend one? also where is a good cheap place with a big range that i can get it?

I am using the Lowepro Nova 3... pretty good for your toys... I personally feel that crumpler is rather too costy... of course, you are the paymaster. Just my worthless 2 cents opinion...

Originally posted by CG3
- (camera bag) was thinking of getting a crumpler? any other good bags to recommend? what model would fit 2 out of the following 3 at any one time- (c5050, small SLR, a sony dv cam tvr18). thinking of getting one that can fit 2 or 3 of my gears...is there any other places other than CP and AP to look for bags or are they the best?

There are 2 options for you, currently my C-5050Z is using those LCD Screen Protector for PDA, you can get those especially design for DC at SLS. Or if you want a good protector, then get the 'da Oly Protector which is for Olympus C-5050Z... and only $12.00...

Originally posted by CG3
- (screen protector) lastly i hope this is the last thing i would need, there is a big hole in my pocket.... what brand? cost ? and where to get?

thanks for that ivor...

-will do just that for the tripod.

-ya... i was thinking that the crumpler is kind of pricy...so i am actually comparing to see if its worth the extra cash, thus the post. so how much did your Lowepro Nova 3 cost, got a pick for it?

- where can i get the 'da Oly Protector?

thanks again.

Originally posted by CG3
thanks for that ivor...

-will do just that for the tripod.

-ya... i was thinking that the crumpler is kind of pricy...so i am actually comparing to see if its worth the extra cash, thus the post. so how much did your Lowepro Nova 3 cost, got a pick for it?

- where can i get the 'da Oly Protector?

thanks again.

i think ivor is conducting a MO, for 'da protector.

Originally posted by CG3
hello people,

i just bought my c5050, 256 trancend cf card and a few other bits and pieces. the next things to get on my list are as follows:

hi.. would like to enquire how much did you pay for your camera?

regards

Originally posted by Hobbes234

regards

i got the 5050 at CP for $1250 including gst. Is that price good?
really happy with the cam...

cheers...

Glad that you enjoy the companion of your C-5050Z...

The price that you gotten the C-5050Z is all right... not to worry about the price since you had already gotten it... prices are always come down as new models are scheduled to release in much, much faster timeframe...

Originally posted by CG3

cheers...

Originally posted by CG3

cheers...

i am not very sure about the price.. thats why asking around trying to find out the market price of the camera now.. :D
glad that you like the cam..
so what accessories do you have for the camera?
as in lenses etc...

i notices that there are not many users of this camera.. or are there?:dunno:
any comments on the camera?

regards

hi there,

1,250 incl. gst is already OK. Mine was 1,250 ....but still excluding gst...I was actually tricked by the vendor when I bought it...funny because I thought I had a good bargain...I never learned my lesson buying stuff from Sim Lim Square...:)

All that I can say for this DC is, "The body of a compact camera, The soul of an SLR"

i notices that there are not many users of this camera.. or are there?:dunno:
any comments on the camera?

Originally posted by ivor
All that I can say for this DC is, "The body of a compact camera, The soul of an SLR"

:thumbsup: agree with you ivor.
I used to use the PDA protector until I got
pretty sick and tired that it keeps coming off.
And of course, and bubbles underneath.
Any thing we can do about it?

Thanks!

I have been using the PDA Screen Protector since my C-3040Z... don't get that kind of 'bubbles' problem... Guess it the way one paste the sheet over the LCD...

Originally posted by mahler

:thumbsup: agree with you ivor.
I used to use the PDA protector until I got
pretty sick and tired that it keeps coming off.
And of course, and bubbles underneath.
Any thing we can do about it?

Thanks!

Originally posted by ivor
I have been using the PDA Screen Protector since my C-3040Z... don't get that kind of 'bubbles' problem... Guess it the way one paste the sheet over the LCD...

:D
Agreed with Ivor.
To the other users:- Surface preparation is very important. Ensure that the surface is free from oil, grease, dirt or other contaminations before attempting to paste the PDA screen protector onto the screen. If changing different brands of PDA screen protectors, ensure that the LCD is free fom the adhesive paste etc of the previous protector.

Alternative, can use the 'da protector that Ivor has kindly agreed to do another MO for. This 'da protector is good as the protector is NOT in contact with the LCD screen. Furthermore, it's a hard plastic thus more scratch-resistant.

$1250 inc gst is a good price to pay for the C-5050Z. It's very much worth the money that you paid for, considering that it's a very reliable and high quality camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.