Tripod and Ballhead for K10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpotpot

Sep 16, 2007
I am currently shopping for a tripod and a ballhead for my K10D. Right now i only have the kit lens. I doubt if I would be buying a lens that is more than 1Kg. I am currently looking at the Manfrotto 190Pro + 486rc2. Is this setup ok? Are there other model or brands that you guys can recommend?

Budget is up to 400SGD and as much as possible not that heavy.

I am currently shopping for a tripod and a ballhead for my K10D. Right now i only have the kit lens. I doubt if I would be buying a lens that is more than 1Kg. I am currently looking at the Manfrotto 190Pro + 486rc2. Is this setup ok? Are there other model or brands that you guys can recommend?

Budget is up to 400SGD and as much as possible not that heavy.

slik 330dx should be enough. cheap 150 and light weight 1.6 kg.But it not a ball head.

My friend use D70s and SP 90 on this tripod.

Quite stable already.

wa, with that budget you have a lot of choices! :)

i think you might as well go for manfrotto.. a lot of people here swear by it

The PPCP tripod perhaps?

Manfrotto 190Pro + 486rc2 is a good setup, reasonablly priced w/ good working load. But it's quite heavy, just think you should know about it.

If your budget is $400, you can think of some Carbon Fiber solutions from China (Benro) and Taiwan (Feisol). $400 should be enough to get one of these I think.

I myself still use a cheapy flimsy Slik Sprint Pro w/ a Benro KB-0 ballhead, total weight is about 1kg, good enough for K10D plus a 16-45 lens, and of course the DFA100 macro too :)

Good luck.

Finally bought a tripod.

190XPROB
488rc2

All for 300sgd. I bought it at FotoGrafix at Chinapoint Mall at Chinatown(exit E from chinatown station). The store owner is very kind and he have lots of manfrotto and gitzo items. He also sells some medium format items.

Finally bought a tripod.

190XPROB
488rc2

All for 300sgd.

Tripod prices seem to have escalated a lot in recent years... I paid less than $220 for a manfrotto 190proB and a 486 ballhead 5 yrs ago.

@VSonic06

Must be because photography is popular nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.