Triplus Extenstion Tube made by Kenko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinwin

Jun 21, 2006
East of Singapore
Hi,

I was searching the Kenko Extension tube but can't find any. Instead, I found the TriPlus Extension Tube which claim to be made by Kenko according to the shop. Is this true?

I also found the TelePlus Teleconverter which claim to be made my Kenko as well.

Teleplus is a one piece extension tube.

Triplus comes in a set of 3.

Theres some confusion on their site I think.:think: The 3 piece extension tubes set w/o any elements is called Triplus. Theres another, 3 piece tele converter called Teleplus PRO 300.

I also think there's some jargon confusion around. Tele-cons are some times called extension tubes as well though they should be called teleconvertors/ focal length extenders. Extension tubes are those that give macro ability w/o infinity focus. (Problem arises for me when I was shopping for the triplus set; certain shops kept on thinking I was looking for tele-cons:bsmilie: ) Tele-cons actually DO give some limit of macro ability by multiplying your focal length yet giving you back the same closest focusing distance and infinity focus.

Also notice how they said correctly that the triplus set won't give infinity focus, yet the sample picture is of a landscape same set of pictures as the teleplus page (shouldn't that be at infinity, thus the pics are all supposed to be blur except for the first)

Its all faulty webpages!

I am not sure about that. Sometimes it could be, sometimes it would not. Sometimes what you see is just a brand. They may have contracted manufacturing to another company. Eg. not all Zeiss lenses are made in Germany. Some are made in Japan in a Japanese factory by a Japanese company. But I am quite certain the tubes are made by Kenko or its part of the Kenko/Tokina/Hoya factory.

Hi,

I was searching the Kenko Extension tube but can't find any. Instead, I found the TriPlus Extension Tube which claim to be made by Kenko according to the shop. Is this true?

I also found the TelePlus Teleconverter which claim to be made my Kenko as well.

I had this issue too ... wanted to get the Kenko Triplus but shop says has Triplus which is made by Kenko.

I wanted to make sure .. so didn't get it there and then.

I had this issue too ... wanted to get the Kenko Triplus but shop says has Triplus which is made by Kenko.

I wanted to make sure .. so didn't get it there and then.

Does it matter? The tubes have no glass in them! As long as it works, who cares... :bsmilie:

Sounds logical .... Tri means three ......

Can I confirm that it's in deed made by Kenko?

I was quite sure but since you need that assurance I took out my set of "Triplus Digital Automatic Extension Tube Set" and compared it to the one on Kenko website and yes, they are exactly the same.

Does it matter? The tubes have no glass in them! As long as it works, who cares... :bsmilie:

The Canon ones are flocked or texturized internally while the Kenko ones have shiny internal surfaces. There is a difference in the image quality but it is not significant enough for me to pay the difference.

Hi,

haha... i was wondering about the same thing a few months back... this is what i gathered from my research. Triplus and Kenko are both brands. Kenko calls their extension tubes teleplus. Triplus just calls them triplus...

Triplus and teleplus tubes look exactly the same except for the brand... other forums speculate that they are actually made in the same factory but given different branding....

Status
Not open for further replies.