Trip to Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheo

Dec 12, 2005
Singapore
Hi there,
im looking to organise a small outing to Vietnam mostly to take some nice photographs of landscapes.

I have a friend currently in Vietnam. Probably will meet him there.
Hopefully it will be a low budget 4 days trip.

Is there anyone interested to go?

whats the itinerary and budget like?
am going on 25 Oct - 4 Nov and will probably travel to Halong Bay/Catba Island, Sapa, Perfume Pagoda ......

I'm interested but
when?

there is no rush for it but im hoping before this year Ends. .
hopefully next month or the month after. .

interested to go. got some leave to clear. ;p

Cool,
so we have quite a few interested. .
If you have msn you can add me at ram_777@hotmail.com to discuss. .

or we can do some research and meet up to discuss where to go . . and how. .

ok with me, but anyone done it before? is it ok to bring camera bag there...safe? DSLR?;)

I may be keen if its between 12 Nov and 19 Nov, as I'm free then. It'd be just nicely after the typhoon season and before the rainy season. And you'd have someone who's relatively familiar with some parts of the country as well.
(you can see some >> here <<)

I fly to HCM every month for business so just pop the dates and I will try to coincide my trip ;)

chisiang.angATgmail.com ;p

I have been looking at the places we can visit and I do not think tat we can cover north and south in just a few days. .
So Im thinking if we stick to either the south or north of vietnam.

On the north we have a couple of places:

Sapa, Lao Cai
Southern Gate (of a Royal Palace), Hue
Ha Long Bay
Hanoi

On the South:

HoChiminh
Ba Be Lakes in Bac Kan province
Nha Trang, Long Son Pagoda
Mekong Delta

Any more thoughts on this or if anyone else has a better idea. .
After looking at the locations I would prefer the north side.

As for cost, we have to factor in the locations and number of days we are going to stay in Vietnam.

So my appraoch would be to choose where we want to go first, then calculate the cost for it. Then decide if the cost is too high or too low and adjust the trip accordingly. .

4 days defintely not enough to cover SAPA and Halong bay
perhap u should plan southern part for a start unless U willing to extend

That would be 5 days max leave days for me. . so i can extend it to about 8 days trip lolx.

1 day for me to stay home and relax. .
lol

i found out that to Hanoi. . the flights are S$160 total. for back and forth.
and to Ho Chi Minh is about S$120. (tiger airways)

Yo.. if you guys coincide with december give me a PM.

i stayed in Hanoi for 3weeks and HCM city for a week.

Have friends in both places, and i know both places inside out, dont need to use map and can save money on public transport :)

Rheo - you may want to meet up to discuss your route. If you are looking are an entry/exit via HCMC, I can pass you the contact for some guides, and they can also help to arrange vehicle+driver. That is one way you'll have control over the pace and the route, a bit more cost, but comfortable for the group.

As for air-tickets, its cheap only if you book early. The longer you wait, the more the price steeps up. The other consideration is dietary - any constraints amongst the group (eg halah, vege, etc).

PM me, 'kay.

4 days not enough for landscape. Just travelling to the scenic landscapes will take time!

Do go to the NORTH if u can -it's more interesting than the South ( HCM city area) but 4 days wouldn't do it justice. Check out the colourful weekend markets near SAPA like Bac Ha,Coc Ly,etc. Sapa is good as a base but it's market being overun n is least interesting.
If u have only 4 days better just concentrate on Halong bay n Hanoi.

Status
Not open for further replies.