Trip to Orchid Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaer

May 6, 2004
www.photonski.com
Hi.

Thanks to Wheels for going to Orchid Garden together. We had an interesting shoot and here are mine to share.... mostly macros though...

1. My 1st try on Birds... gee they r difficult subjects.
40729Bird1.jpg

2. My only shot of Orchid... :D
40729F2.jpg

3. Don't know what kind of eggs these are....
40729UK1.jpg

4. My favourite Dragonfly!
40729DF1.jpg

5. errr... some find it gross...
40729Cat2.jpg

6. I think so too.... but it's nature.
40729Cat1.jpg

7. Well here is a beauty of nature.... in creation process.
40729BF1.jpg

8. Just a nice looking fly.
40729Fly1.jpg

Cheers and happy shooting!

Yo bro,

I like your 4 and 7 man .. and hate your catepillars la .. anyhow, your cam take mean macros man ....

Nice tight teaming with you that day. Let do it again some day. :)

Yo Bro,

One word - POWER! :thumbsup:

One phrase - Poon Pee Pee!

My fav pic - Hairy eggs on the leaf or eggs on hairy leaf. :D

Wow....never knew flies could be so colourful. :)

wheels said:
Yo bro,

I like your 4 and 7 man .. and hate your catepillars la .. anyhow, your cam take mean macros man ....

Nice tight teaming with you that day. Let do it again some day. :)

Alamak... you watch my back and I watch yours mah... quite tricky to catch those zippy sunbirds... but lucky u got a fast cam!

Smarty said:
Yo Bro,

One word - POWER! :thumbsup:

One phrase - Poon Pee Pee!

My fav pic - Hairy eggs on the leaf or eggs on hairy leaf. :D

Bro... thanks for ur unfailing support and advice man... next time come with us lah!

2100 said:
Wow....never knew flies could be so colourful. :)

I did not know they were so colourful too.... I wonder what kind of fly is it...

Can i ask something? Where is Mandai Orchid Garden?

Coz from the maps (streetdirectory.com.sg and from www.mandai.com.sg), it's near to the Singapore zoological gardens. So lets say i am coming from Lentor Ave (CTE/SLE), i travel along mandai road and then turn left as one would if he were to go to Singapore Zoological gdn. IS that right?

But i think there is another sign which points to another Mandai Orchid Gdn of sorts on the other side of Mandai Road (going towards Lentor Ave/SLE). Anyone knows what is that?

2100 said:

Coz from the maps (streetdirectory.com.sg and from www.mandai.com.sg), it's near to the Singapore zoological gardens. So lets say i am coming from Lentor Ave (CTE/SLE), i travel along mandai road and then turn left as one would if he were to go to Singapore Zoological gdn. IS that right?

But i think there is another sign which points to another Mandai Orchid Gdn of sorts on the other side of Mandai Road (going towards Lentor Ave/SLE). Anyone knows what is that?

Hi bro, along the road that leads up to the zoo, you will come across a small "detour" on the right hand side of the road where you can see the reservior. MOG is just directly opposit it (there's a gate (enterance to MOG) and a bus stop nearby).

ok, thanks.

Nice shots with the dragon fly and the eggs. What lens are you using for this? But I find the Orchid to be rather saggy and aged.

Hi bro,

Love the pictures of both your flies (dragonfly & ...sorie don't know the name of that colourful fly) :bsmilie: . Very sharp and very detailed. So far I'm not fated to shoot insects because always kana out of focus.

Cheers

2100 said:

Sorry 2100, I was not logged in the forum recently, but I think CCPLIM gave very good/on the mark directions :thumbsup: ... and yeah it's $3 on the weekdys. Not sure about weekends.

snowspeeder said:
Nice shots with the dragon fly and the eggs. What lens are you using for this? But I find the Orchid to be rather saggy and aged.

I am using a prosumer lens... About the aged looking Orchid, it seems that the species all look like that... that's why it attracted me... instead of the "traditional" beautiful looking ones (Which I shot too).

Newguy69 said:
Hi bro,

Love the pictures of both your flies (dragonfly & ...sorie don't know the name of that colourful fly) :bsmilie: . Very sharp and very detailed. So far I'm not fated to shoot insects because always kana out of focus.

Cheers
Hi 69... u won't believe the amount of dancing I had to do with these insects...b4 shooting them... at the end of it, I was sweating like a pig!... bet the dragonflies must be lauging their ass off... that's why they stopped to let me shoot! (in focus) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.