Trip to Myanmar

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbux

Aug 10, 2007
Singapore
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is going to fly to Myanmar this Nov (or has flown recently) and whether they have had any problems getting their entry Visa? Any tips re Visa application?

And for those who have been there:
1. Where can I exchange Kyats in SG? Have asked a few shops but they don't carry the currency.
2. Is it true that they only accept good, clean USD notes to transact over there?

Thanks all for sharing :)

Hi,

you are unable to change their currency here coz its worthless and no money changer will keep them. go to a black market for changes or change them slightly lower from the hotel. Never change from their bank..

Bring only clean,mint USD notes!!
Sometimes during those entrance payment at some monuments,they will try to give you old ,dirty notes so watch out and return them .

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is going to fly to Myanmar this Nov (or has flown recently) and whether they have had any problems getting their entry Visa? Any tips re Visa application?

And for those who have been there:
1. Where can I exchange Kyats in SG? Have asked a few shops but they don't carry the currency.
2. Is it true that they only accept good, clean USD notes to transact over there?

Thanks all for sharing :)

I came back from Thailand and Myanmar last weekend.

There's no money changer in Singapore to change money with you. Don't bring back the money either as they won't accept from you.

In Myanmar, the common currency is USD. As long as your USD don't look fake, they would accept. Also be careful in accepting USD in return as fakes have been known to be in circulation.

Town bordering Thailand accepts Thai Baht but that is also on a case by case basis. Important thing when you're there is to check and check. Don't assume cos every opportunity to chop the carrot, they will chop starting from the time you land to the time you leave.

Hope that helps. :cool:

u can send your SGD from peninsula plaza shop and collect at myanmar as Kyats .. this is what most myanmar people do when they want change Kyats... of course bring USD too

Last edited:
u can send your SGD from peninsula plaza shop and collect at myanmar as Kyats .. this is what most myanmar people do when they want change Kyats... of course bring USD too

Which shop in Pen. Plaza?

Not easy to get visa now as election is imminent. Good luck.

Wow, thanks alot for all your tips and advice! It is a beautiful country with beautiful people and I really hope I won't have a problem getting my Visa. Yes, I've heard bout the election but hopefully things will work out for me. If it's meant to be, I will get there one day :D Gonna cross my fingers tight!

Thanks again all for your replies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.