Trip to HK

donut88

Nov 14, 2008
Bedsides taking the usual busy street shots of HK, are there places where I can take amazing landscape, countrysides, lakes, etc?

Any tips?

You can try Victoria peak. Both in daytime and night, as well as sunset. Or you can walk along the avenue of stars, new territories also. Those are great scenic places.

BEAUTIFUL!

I'm amazed on how some photos are taken

thanks for sharing!!! may i ask, for the tsing mah bridge, where is the most suitable place for me to capture it??? seems to me that the visitor centre doesnt give very good views...

Last edited:
can try tai-o.. beautiful place... lamma island but very far... took me hrs to get there..

can try tai-o.. beautiful place... lamma island but very far... took me hrs to get there..

Tai-O is nice. The seafood there is cheap as well.

Ryan

Yea. i just came back from HK, Tai-o is awesome for sunset. Try taking buses instead of MTR, its a fun experience to sit at the upper deck and then glancing down while the bus is moving through the hills. :D

Ahdui said:
Yea. i just came back from HK, Tai-o is awesome for sunset. Try taking buses instead of MTR, its a fun experience to sit at the upper deck and then glancing down while the bus is moving through the hills. :D

Oh yea, I'm going to tai o for walk around and pic taking.

U meant taking bus within city area, not to tai o, right?

Victoria Peak - reach there about 6pm and stay till 7.30pm to capture the sunset and night view.
Man Mo Temple
Cheung Chau
Lantau Island and do not forget to go to Citygate for shopping

Ma Wan should be the best place to get a good close-up shot. I am looking at Tsing Mah bridge as I type this reply (staying in Sham Tseng where the famous roast goose are).
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/attractions/nt-noahs-ark.html
http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=937861

Alternatively, type 青馬大橋 in search and you should come up with quote a few good shots.

thanks m8!!!

Victoria Peak - reach there about 6pm and stay till 7.30pm to capture the sunset and night view.
Man Mo Temple
Cheung Chau
Lantau Island and do not forget to go to Citygate for shopping

actually citigate doesnt has much things to shop for unless you are looking for specific brand... man mo temple is a must go, take a photo of the interior with all the joss stick...