Trendy Suit wanted: Rack or Tailor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
Dear CS'ers...

I'm looking for a suit, trendy yet formal. Want a look to be taken seriously but not old-fashioned. I pretty much like a few pieces from Zara etc, budget is around Zara's range. $400+.

Any good tailors to recommend for suits?

Cheers

Dear CS'ers...

I'm looking for a suit, trendy yet formal. Want a look to be taken seriously but not old-fashioned. I pretty much like a few pieces from Zara etc, budget is around Zara's range. $400+.

Cheers

Off the rack may not give you a perfect fit. They may be cheaper, but unless you're the standard type of figure, you'll not be getting a perfect fit. My husband tailors his most of the time. He goes to Tailor Chan (at Mandarin Hotel Shopping Gallery).

The other place you may want to go to is Zegna because they can do alterations for you. Also you may want to consider Charles Tywritt (at viviocity) - they make really nice suits in England and I'm glad they are bringing it to Singapore.

A good tailored suit can last you a lifetime if you know how to maintain it well. Worth "investing" if you're going to wear it often for business.

Chrs
Jinny

Dear CS'ers...

Cheers

u can tailored made @ below $400.
Try this: Chinatown Complex Temp Market #01-112 (Outram Park MRT). Contact Florence @ Nine Zero Two Three Five Nine Eight Four.

Off the rack may not give you a perfect fit. They may be cheaper, but unless you're the standard type of figure, you'll not be getting a perfect fit. My husband tailors his most of the time. He goes to Tailor Chan (at Mandarin Hotel Shopping Gallery).

The other place you may want to go to is Zegna because they can do alterations for you. Also you may want to consider Charles Tywritt (at viviocity) - they make really nice suits in England and I'm glad they are bringing it to Singapore.

A good tailored suit can last you a lifetime if you know how to maintain it well. Worth "investing" if you're going to wear it often for business.

Chrs
Jinny

Thanks Jinny! Any idea how much Zegna and Charles Tywritt cost? If say >$1000 then no point for me to drop by. I liked Fil a Fil, but the only branch in Suntec seems like gone or something

u can tailored made @ below $400.
Try this: Chinatown Complex Temp Market #01-112 (Outram Park MRT). Contact Florence @ Nine Zero Two Three Five Nine Eight Four.

Thank you for the recommendation. Any idea if they do trendy suits? Aka for the urban males etc?

Thanks Jinny! Any idea how much Zegna and Charles Tywritt cost? If say >$1000 then no point for me to drop by. I liked Fil a Fil, but the only branch in Suntec seems like gone or something

Zegna has sales sometimes, so you can get something quite decent at a good price. I'm not too sure about Charles Tywritt's prices though.. I know their shirts are quite reasonably priced (quite equivalent to the UK pound even after conversion). Maybe their suits would be around $800+.

Fil a Fil is french.. i think the only one they have left is at Takashimaya.

Perhaps you can just go to Zegna and take a look. Hugo Boss is another Singaporean favorite although I think that quality wise, it's just so-so.

Chrs
Jinny

How about Raffles Tailor or sth?:D

Thank you for the recommendation. Any idea if they do trendy suits? Aka for the urban males etc?

As they do tailored made, if u know roughly the design u want or sample of the suit photos, they may be able to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.