1. Aprox 10hours coverage.
2. Express highlights.

:hung:

Someone ask me if I can do video for them for $600... :confused:

1. Aprox 10hours coverage.
2. Express highlights.

:hung:

Hehehehheh.....Dun spoil market hor. :nono:

Anyways, there are bound to have people willing to undercut, but after one or two jobs, they'll probably not do it anymore because it's not worth the time and effort vs. money.

;)

Hehehehheh... I did not spoil market lor... :p

But there are people doing it at this price leh...
I heard from my friend that his videographer, who uses an XL2 charge him $650 for whole day AD videography leh... :faints:

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Hehehehheh... I did not spoil market lor... :p

But there are people doing it at this price leh...
I heard from my friend that his videographer, who uses an XL2 charge him $650 for whole day AD videography leh... :faints:

Not surprisingly leh.... some of my aunties & uncles' children married also got this type of price ... like $650 to $850 range ones.... :bsmilie:

Not surprisingly leh.... some of my aunties & uncles' children married also got this type of price ... like $650 to $850 range ones.... :bsmilie:

$850 still acceptable for morning tea + dinner but not includes express..

How come no icon for :vomitblood: :vomitblood: :vomitblood:?

:eek:

think ard $1000 with express I think.. is that the rate? long time no do liao..

one customer wanted me to cover a 100-year old birthday dinner from 1900-2359hrs. they have some performances not sure if celebrities or themselves cause i didn't do the job.

they wanted to pay $500 and wanted 20 copies of the edited DVD.

Hehehehheh.....Dun spoil market hor. :nono:

Anyways, there are bound to have people willing to undercut, but after one or two jobs, they'll probably not do it anymore because it's not worth the time and effort vs. money.

;)

they didn't take into account they have to spend 10 - 12hrs filming the wedding, 4hrs to edit the express so no rest during the afternoon. than spend another day or two do the final edit. all together.......approx 28hrs of work for $600. equals $21.42/hr. geez!

And with my famous quote, I rather go teach some kids tuition in maths and get paid more with lesser work done, and lesser stress... :confused:

I think to some extend, it's not even worth grinding the tape on your video head drums for that price.
;p

So how much do you charge for express?

express + another $300 - $350.

:think: Hmmm... thinking if anyone interested to share their rates here too, so newbies may atleast understand the market rate and will find themselves not worth charging too low which they can actually charge higher.. :dunno:

express + another $300 - $350.

:think: Hmmm... thinking if anyone interested to share their rates here too, so newbies may atleast understand the market rate and will find themselves not worth charging too low which they can actually charge higher.. :dunno:

I think a professional rate for wedding video should be charge at about $1200 for AD and $400 for express highlight. Of course, there will be people who charge at $600 or even lower, it depend on how much you think your time and creativity are worth.

I think a professional rate for wedding video should be charge at about $1200 for AD and $400 for express highlight. Of course, there will be people who charge at $600 or even lower, it depend on how much you think your time and creativity are worth.

Yes, a standard rate for the following would be good.
a- 10hrs shooting with own professional video equipment
b-$$$ per additional hr
c- Express highlights
d- Basic editing of whole day video and burn into a DVD with menu (means deleting unwanted scenes, minor arranging of clips for better flow, adding a bit of intro music, colour and audio correction where needed)
e- Summary MTV
f- Photo Montage

Below is the rate I feel is perhaps reasonable ?? not sure...:
a- $350 (about $4k /mth assuming $100 equipment rental and 40hrs/week)
b-$50
c- $200
d- $700
e- $300
f- $300

BTW, how come some VG can do (d) in one day ?
CApturing the video takes half a day. Yes, I dun really need to do much but my time is already tied up at home as I have to change the tape every hour.
Then you have to do the video editing going through 3-4 hrs of footages.
Unless you just dump all in the timeline and render....you need to spend at least double the time for simple editing ?
After editing, you have to render the 1-2 hrs video which will take forever if you dun have a real-time card.
Then you have to spend time to design the DVD menu. Even using a template and doing all the video linkages will need 1 hr at least.
Then you burn the DVDs (2-3 sets) and scan them for errors. 2-3hrs.
Then you have to design the DVD cover and label and print them. Another 2-3hrs.

So all these in 1 or even 2 days ? How possible ?

Yes, a standard rate for the following would be good.
a- 10hrs shooting with own professional video equipment
b-$$$ per additional hr
c- Express highlights
d- Basic editing of whole day video and burn into a DVD with menu (means deleting unwanted scenes, minor arranging of clips for better flow, adding a bit of intro music, colour and audio correction where needed)
e- Summary MTV
f- Photo Montage

Below is the rate I feel is perhaps reasonable ?? not sure...:
a- $350 (about $4k /mth assuming $100 equipment rental and 40hrs/week)
b-$50
c- $200
d- $700
e- $300
f- $300

BTW, how come some VG can do (d) in one day ?
CApturing the video takes half a day. Yes, I dun really need to do much but my time is already tied up at home as I have to change the tape every hour.
Then you have to do the video editing going through 3-4 hrs of footages.
Unless you just dump all in the timeline and render....you need to spend at least double the time for simple editing ?
After editing, you have to render the 1-2 hrs video which will take forever if you dun have a real-time card.
Then you have to spend time to design the DVD menu. Even using a template and doing all the video linkages will need 1 hr at least.
Then you burn the DVDs (2-3 sets) and scan them for errors. 2-3hrs.
Then you have to design the DVD cover and label and print them. Another 2-3hrs.

So all these in 1 or even 2 days ? How possible ?

Probably they are able to handle D using factory cookie cutter method. Shoot 'edit-in-cam' than dump to computer for very very basic clean up (or none at all), add music and titles and render.

Also possibly their DVD don't even carry a menu. Straight burn without chapter marks.

Otherwise I don't see how they can justify the price tag they are charging unless they are not full-time pros. Just doing it on the side for additional income.

To be more precise.. my rates are:
to direct couples..
AD = $980 - $1080 depending timing
xpress = $350

to photographers and other videographers..
AD = abt $880 +/- abit (negotiable abit lor.. for them to earn a bit commision if can mah)
xpress = $300 - $350.

:think: hmm... think of it i shd adjust xpress higher to $400 or even $450.. i hate doing xpress!

To be more precise.. my rates are:
to direct couples..
AD = $980 - $1080 depending timing
xpress = $350

to photographers and other videographers..
AD = abt $880 +/- abit (negotiable abit lor.. for them to earn a bit commision if can mah)
xpress = $300 - $350.

:think: hmm... think of it i shd adjust xpress higher to $400 or even $450.. i hate doing xpress!

Actually, Express is 100% profit. Either you spend 4 hrs doing editing or you sleep during the break. For Express jobs, I usually want to get a 2nd VG just for the Banquet to relieve the stress a bit. The 2nd VG can go after 2nd march-in. 3hrs job.
Anyone willing to be my Express 2nd VG pls let me know, and how much you charge ?
I'm thinking...$150.
You be my 2nd VG at this rate, i can be your 2nd VG at this rate too mah ..

Actually, Express is 100% profit. Either you spend 4 hrs doing editing or you sleep during the break. For Express jobs, I usually want to get a 2nd VG just for the Banquet to relieve the stress a bit. The 2nd VG can go after 2nd march-in. 3hrs job.
Anyone willing to be my Express 2nd VG pls let me know, and how much you charge ?
I'm thinking...$150.
You be my 2nd VG at this rate, i can be your 2nd VG at this rate too mah ..
Sounds like a good idea. Usually, my clients will have their morning tea ceremony then go for church in the afternoon. It is during this period that I will require the 2nd VG.

But I would not say that express is 100% profit... Think about the stress you have to go through....

Status
Not open for further replies.