Trekking the Everest region

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnail

Jun 26, 2003
Wanna share with you guys some pics from my recent trip to Nepal. Pls visit my online gallery if u would like to view more =)

Enjoy!

29559151.jpg

29628969.jpg

29809007.jpg

29810240.jpg

Wow, excellet! Loved that last one of the tent and the mountains in the background! :thumbsup:

wow...fantastic view on last photo. When trekking to Everest, how heavy is your photo gear? care to share what you bring?

I brought my Nikon F80, along with a Tamron 24-135mm F3.5-5.6 lens, and a Sigma 15mm F2.8 fisheye. Packed all this and other personal items into my Rover AWII which I carried while trekking. The camera was on my neck all the time though!

Here's another picture with a great view:

29810618.jpg

Trekkers admiring the view from the peak of Kala Pattar. Everest (8850m) is the black outcrop of rock with the peak of Nupste (7879m), to its right. It appears shorter in height than Nupste because of its distance. The Khumbu Glacier can be seen winding along the centre of the picture.

Check out my online gallery for more!

awesome trekking photographs!

have you heard about which months bring the best weather for viewing everest? most of the year it seems perpetually in cloud.

great series there gnail :thumbsup:

hows the political situation over there now? is it safe for trekking?

i met a couple from the UK while in Kinabalu and was told that up the mountain its quite bad now.. they took the annapurna circuit, and while high up at the mountain there're a couple of occasions rebels with AK47 approached them for money. luckily they had a guide with them.. quite an experience. :sweat:

pictures are great!!!! oo man.. how i wish i could go there now!!!! :thumbsup:

hyun, the best months for trekking are during the autumn season which is from Oct to Nov. U can be guaranteed of clear blue skies and spectacular mountain views but the lodges and trails will be packed with trekkers from all over the world. The second best season is spring, which is from March to May. The views are still good but it can get a bit hazy. The good thing is, May is the month where climbers make their attempt on Everest so Everest Base Camp is filled with activity!

The monsoon season is from June to August n it rains frequently on e trails, bring out leeches. Slippery too, quite dangerous. Best not to go during this period, unless u wanna see flowers.

wilis 128, the political situation between the Maoists and the Gov is not improving. I actually saw a street protest just 5 min after arriving in Kathmandy, but it was a peaceful one. Didnt encounter any Maoists at all throughout my entire trek as they are concentrated in the Annapurna region. Once in a while, u may get strikes in Kathmandu where most of the shop close for business. They open up again in the afternoon however =) Cannot close for too long lah..still need to make money wat. =P

anyway hyun, here's Everest for u, as seen from Kala Pattar. =) Enjoy.

29810668.jpg

thks guys :) glad u liked u them.

here's another pic, a more hidden side of Nepal:

original.jpg

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing Weiliang!
As for the strikes in Kathmandu, I was "lucky" enough to encounter the time where the rebels declare a 3 day strike!! :(
1st day all the shops were closed for the whole day, and only the 2nd day afternoon, the shops start opening...
Some taxis and transport will operate but charge at higher prices and they cover up their license plates and show that they are transporting tourists! Apparantly, the rebels are less likely to target tourists... :bsmilie:

regards
..NuTs..

gnail said:
wilis 128, the political situation between the Maoists and the Gov is not improving. I actually saw a street protest just 5 min after arriving in Kathmandy, but it was a peaceful one. Didnt encounter any Maoists at all throughout my entire trek as they are concentrated in the Annapurna region. Once in a while, u may get strikes in Kathmandu where most of the shop close for business. They open up again in the afternoon however =) Cannot close for too long lah..still need to make money wat. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.