Trekking in Mountain Kinabalu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with an outdoor club, paying about $600+ for 6 days including 1-day river rafting, 2 nights accomodation in KK city and 2 nights accomodation on mt K, and MAS.

Going there on your own should be a little cheaper, but you gotta travel to Senai really early. I think Air Asia's flight is 7:30am from Senai ? So you must be there the night before or go really damn early from Singapore, preferably booking transport to go all the way there from here. You should also book Air Asia very early to get a cheaper price. To enjoy your trip more you might want to stay in KK for one night before making the climb... and staying at laban rata for 2 nights to have enough rest before making the trip back ? :dunno:

wilis128 said:
Acieed, when are u going? u joining travel agent? how much u pay har?

i was doing my sum.. i thnk a 4d/3n can be done at S$350, or less if you have more people..

this is the details:

Transport
1. air asia return tix from Senai S$150 (RM137 one way, tax Rm19)
2. MRT/ SBS170 to Larkin, from Larkin to Senai - $15?
3. from Kinabalu Airport to Kinabalu Park 2 ways $20?

Accomodation:
1. Kinabalu Park - Bishop Head's resthouse $15 (RM30) per pax per nite.
2. Laban Rata - $17 (RM34) per pax per nite.
3. Last nite at Kota Kinabalu hotel ranges from $40 onwards for a decent 3 star room.

Others:
1. Trekking permit fee $50 (RM100)
2. Guide $35 (RM70)
3. Insurance $1.50 (RM3.50)
4. Certificate $5 (RM10)

Food/meals fill in the blank.. varies for diff people.

the cost would be cheaper eg. hotel in KK & guide fee if u have more pax.. well to me its very much cheaper than paying $550-$600 to travel agents..

well the last time i went i paid $599.

hi....is anyone planning a trip to kk???cos i'm very much interested in this trip with two more of my friends....since there so many ppl interested can someone experience enough to help us out???maybe can try june???please???please???

Status
Not open for further replies.