Trekkies please come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisiang

Oct 3, 2004
Ho Chi Minh City
www.swog.sg
Any1 here know where to get my hands on the entire series of voyager DVDs? Don't mind DS9 and TNG too.

thought they carry them at laserflair and gramaphone? my friend collects them and he said their prices are pretty good. you can order from the online shops too. some are slightly cheaper even if you factor in delivery.
anyway, you can ask the trekkies at http://forums.startrek.com.sg/

wow, a singaporean trekkie forum... live long and prosper indeed

Got starwars forum ornot???? ;p ;p ;p ;p

I think i have most of the later voyager episodes... but it's in mpeg format

chisiang said:
hollysh|T!! Didn't know they got a forum here! Thnx! ;)

wouldn't have believed it too. apparently there's another one as well, but i only know this one cos my friend is the administrator ;)
should charge him for free advertising. 200 federation credits?
as for star wars forum, i'm not sure but would love to see it if have.
btw, one thing i had noticed is that people seemed to be either star wars or star trek fanatics. usually never both....wonder why? for me, i kinda like both but everyone else i know like one and strongly dislike the other. i liked watching the TNG chapter of star trek especially but i must admit, i'm more partial to star wars (as long as i pretend episode 1 and 2 never happened)

For me, I prefer Star Trek cos more thinking is involved and the technologies in Star Trek are real world science and quite possible. Heard that for every episode, they actually have a phisicsist as a consultant!

Star wars is more like action pack movie and appeals more to lay man because you just watch and question later. While as for Star Trek, if you dunno the fundamentals and technology, you would not understand things like why handheld disruptor was a banned weapon in the federation. Why there is the cadassian and why the ferengi likes profits. :think:

I like both for different reasons. Star Trek TNG for the storylines. Contrary to what you've just said, I keep on telling people you don't need to understand the tech to understand the story. e.g. Data works well in exploring human emotions and reactions because he doesn't have emotions (at least, not initially). Do you have to understand the phrase "positronic brain" to enjoy the Data episodes? No...

Heheh... have you read "The Physics of Star Trek"? I wouldn't say that the science is Star Trek is based on real-world and possibilities at all. Hmmm, yes... some of the things in ST actually have become reality like the tricorder. (Our PDAs are fast becoming the multi-function, wireless devices that the tricorders are.) But at the same time, we are also very, very, very far away from a range of things... faster-than-light travel, teleportation, inertial dampening, weapons that can be heard in the vacuum of space... :p

Star Wars and other shows with space battles all guilty of that. Who would watch if there's no sound when space fighters try to blow each up?

Anyway, SW is more of "space opera" than science fiction. The story is basically a fight between good and evil. Just that the setting is in a galaxy far, far away. Unlike most science fiction, SW's storyline is not technology-driven and does not deal with the repercussions of technology nor utopian and dystopian visions. Plain old good vs evil. Which made IV, V and VI a joy to watch.

The prequels. That's another story altogether...

I've been ordering them from Amazon... up to season 4 now. I found that it was cheaper buying them that way than getting locally.

...Wow! Trekkies! Gosh I thought that day would never arrive!

Anyway...try Laser Flair at IMM or Blue Max at Plaza.

Make it so!

Picard said:
Make it so!

Star Trek in middle earth...

I always knew Legolas had Vulcan blood in him...he speaks funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.