Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox3111

Feb 28, 2008
www.flickr.com
Hey Guys.. I just went to Kusu Island recently.. And i manage to clip this off one of the trees.
I did some PS and i feel that the tree really looks very much alive.. the leaves are so green but i feel that some parts of the tree are dark maybe because of the sun's light shining from above. Do any 1 have any comments on the composition, clarity of the picture..

Shutter: 1/100
AV: F/10
Focal Length: 50mm
Taken with: 18-55mm Kit lens

fg2.jpg

maybe a bit of cropping require..the eyes of the tree should be taken at more nearer distance and there is not much of interesting background..if some small flower or blurish colourful flower will make the pic looks more interesting or some soft sunshine line that come in through the hole between leaf..

A polarising filter will help u get nicer colour too.

perhaps it will be helpful to do a short writeup of wat u wan to acheive in this pic?? so that easier for CSers to comment?
Honestly i don't find anything that strikes me in this pic, except mebbe the cut off branches cos of the color contrast.
u ur orginal intention is to focus on the new leaves (life) growing out from the trimmed branches then i will help to get a tighter crop (to remove the distractions) around the focal object.
if ur focal object is indeed the trimmed branches and the new shoots growing out from it, then I feel a more dramatic result can be achieve if u shoot at the trimmed branches at a angle where the background is the sky or sea/etc... instead of the messy leaves
Hope u get wat i mean.

Just my 2 cents :)

I think the shot looks "cluttered" (There's too many details that I'm looking at.)

extremely, extremely cluttered and messy. such can work, but not the way you have framed it here.

if you are just starting out, suggest to keep it simple. minimalism first, before moving onto more challenging scenes with more elements, while looking at many many good photographs will help somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.