Travelling with camera gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2007
I read up and found out somethings i need to know but i need some specific answer from the experienced travellers here.

Going australia so i am going to hand carry my gear onboard the plane.

Can i
bring in alkaline batts ( inside flash and spares)
bring in rechageable ones
bring in a giottos mt9350 (ballhead in luggage oc)

whats the max amount of gear you guys ever hand carry ( in backpack or what not?)

GavinTing

Oct 16, 2007
As I recall, the restriction only applies for US flights.. The restriction is by the TSA..

If your ballhead fits in your tripod bag, I suggest you leave it on.. It will look weird if you bring a stand with no head.. They may think its suspicious.

Max weight you can carry is by airlines. 7KG on SQ.

According to SQ on this page http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/before/plan/baggage_restrictions.jsp

Spare Lithium Batteries are restricted.. Leave in your checked in bag.

Oh yar, max I carried on was like 10 kg =x Chocolates from switzerland

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
I read up and found out somethings i need to know but i need some specific answer from the experienced travellers here.

Going australia so i am going to hand carry my gear onboard the plane.

Can i
bring in alkaline batts ( inside flash and spares)
bring in rechageable ones
bring in a giottos mt9350 (ballhead in luggage oc)

whats the max amount of gear you guys ever hand carry ( in backpack or what not?)
honestly you shuold check with the airline. everyone's experience is different.

Alpc

Oct 10, 2002
Visit site
So far, I had no issues with everything, except I don't bring tripod... If I do, it's going into my check-in luggage... Too heavy to carry on board... So far some managed to get tripod onboard, some don't. But seriously, Australia, I would suggest check in the tripod... and try not to go beyond 7 kg... Everytime I am there, they ask to check my carry-on bag (by putting on the belt to see what is the weight...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom