Travelling wih dSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha... :bsmilie:
for me, i prefer to travel light.
i don't wish to have my camera as a "big burden". just want to enjoy the trip without worrying about the camera. hence i brought up this topic.
thanks for the input! ;)

haha... :bsmilie:
for me, i prefer to travel light.
i don't wish to have my camera as a "big burden". just want to enjoy the trip without worrying about the camera. hence i brought up this topic.
thanks for the input! ;)

Bro,

Pentax K100D might suits you :)

I find that it is smaller and lighter than my friend A100 :)

erm, jus wana know. woild there be any problems bringing DSLRs with the lens and all when passing the foriegn country's immigration?

Agree bro..... ;)

Did the same on my recent Bali Photo + Diving trip...... my dive gears alone is 18kg. Not incl my camera gears which weight at least another 5kg..... and what about clothing.... hehehe :D

Wow ... 18 kg of dive gear? Ok, may b I mountain tortise, as I dun dive. Thot most people will usually rent the dive gears ?

erm, jus wana know. woild there be any problems bringing DSLRs with the lens and all when passing the foriegn country's immigration?

Nope, except that they will always get suspicious when they scan the tripod in my check in luggage.

I'm pretty much with sammy888 on style of travel photography. However, travelling light is still high priority, so, eg, I chose 70-200f4 instead of 70-200f2.8 etc

But now, think age catching up... need to cut down on lens and/or get lighter body liao... :bsmilie:
Either that, or cut down on rough-it-out backpacking trips.....

Wow ... 18 kg of dive gear? Ok, may b I mountain tortise, as I dun dive. Thot most people will usually rent the dive gears ?

That would be like renting DSLR + Lense everywhere you go...... do anyone do that ;)

Anyway.... most rental dive gears are of lower 'standard'..... some not even well look after

Bro,

Pentax K100D might suits you :)

I find that it is smaller and lighter than my friend A100 :)

Thanks. I did considered Pentax b4. Heard many gd reviews about it. But the lenses like quite limited leh... :cry:

Most prob maybe i'll get a D40 (or D40x). Then sometimes if i go for event shooting, i can use two camera and share my lenses among them, no need to change lenses that often.

I will be going to Taiwan next Jan 08.

I am worried that the cold weather will affect my camera (it is winter at that time). Another thing is the moist weather if there are frequent rainfall.

What can I do to protect my camera? I intending to put a few packets of silica gel in my camera bag but will I have a problem with airport security?

Sorry, first time.

Thank you.

I will be going to Taiwan next Jan 08.

I am worried that the cold weather will affect my camera (it is winter at that time). Another thing is the moist weather if there are frequent rainfall.

What can I do to protect my camera? I intending to put a few packets of silica gel in my camera bag but will I have a problem with airport security?

Sorry, first time.

Thank you.

What system are you using? How cold can Taiwan get in winter?

I am just back from Canada which is at -1 degrees. Shooting with my 30D and all is fine!

What system are you using? How cold can Taiwan get in winter?

I am just back from Canada which is at -1 degrees. Shooting with my 30D and all is fine!

I am using Olympus E510. Temperature should be ard 10 degrees. I am more worried bout the moist weather rather than cold.

Should I bring both my lenses 1) 14-42mm 2) 40-150mm or just 1 will do. If bring one only, which one should I bring? The salesperson whom I bought the camera from told me the 14-42mm lense will be enough.

What is you guys opinion on that? Feel free to give me some feedbacks. Thank you.

Moist weather? I believe Singapore is one of the moistest weather you have in the world :p

Anywayz, for my trip I brought my 17-40 and 70-200. Never regretted as both has their own purposes for travel photography

Nope, except that they will always get suspicious when they scan the tripod in my check in luggage.

my bag even open up for checking around 33% of the time.:sweat: They suspect it is a rifle or something. :dunno: now i just travel with a small, cheap, plastic tripod from carrefour whenever i can. i travel with prosumer + pns, or with just one tele lens + pns. i'm in the travel-light-enjoy-trip camp. :lovegrin:

Thanks. I did considered Pentax b4. Heard many gd reviews about it. But the lenses like quite limited leh... :cry:

Most prob maybe i'll get a D40 (or D40x). Then sometimes if i go for event shooting, i can use two camera and share my lenses among them, no need to change lenses that often.

There you have it, if you want a smaller cam (DSLR), you should consider what is your current system and setup, so you can share lens/flash/accessories. Unless you have intention to have 2 systems.

I dun intend to bring tripod. Cos enough gear already

will be bringing my olympus E510, 2 batts, 2x2gb cf card, 1x4gb cf card, batt charger, 14-42mm lens, 40-150mm lens

and normal digi cam olympus mju 410, 3 batts, 2x256mb xd card, 1 x 128mb xd card, batt charger

i think more than enough to pack liao .. i scared my gal will make noise why i bring so much
haha

I dun intend to bring tripod. Cos enough gear already

will be bringing my olympus E510, 2 batts, 2x2gb cf card, 1x4gb cf card, batt charger, 14-42mm lens, 40-150mm lens

and normal digi cam olympus mju 410, 3 batts, 2x256mb xd card, 1 x 128mb xd card, batt charger

i think more than enough to pack liao .. i scared my gal will make noise why i bring so much
haha

Well you spend too much time shooting stuff when you are there she will still nag you heheh....

I have personally never got to shoot anything nice or got to take my time doing it when I was on holiday with anyone of my previous g/f hehe. Even if you keep shooting pictures of her with the sceneries heheheh...

Anyway....enjoy your trip lah...just make sure it is 70% g/f and 30% photo taking and there will be peace and nuckie nuckies :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:.

If you travel often, a Leica M8 is a dream camera to use (if you don't mind the price of course). ;)

Otherwise I would seriously consider either a Ricoh GX100 or Leica D-LUX 3.

Haha ... you are just like me !!!

When I when for a 10 day road trip to US, I brought equal amt of gear and clothes ... My wife thot I was mad !!! Oh, and BTW, I was using a D1H. Can you imagine the batt ???

I always believe that if you have already travelled all the way to a place, you better have all that is neccessary to capture the beauty of the place and bring it back with you. Unless you always travel to that place very often, then it's a different story altogther ...

You also sound like me

Haha ... you are just like me !!!

When I when for a 10 day road trip to US, I brought equal amt of gear and clothes ... My wife thot I was mad !!! Oh, and BTW, I was using a D1H. Can you imagine the batt ???

I always believe that if you have already travelled all the way to a place, you better have all that is neccessary to capture the beauty of the place and bring it back with you. Unless you always travel to that place very often, then it's a different story altogther ...

Since my gf will only like to travel to a place just ONCE, it is very important for me to have all the necessary stuffs (but not enough money) to make sure lotsa nice pictures are taken. There was once I accidentally deleted all the pictures from the card without proper backup to the HDD and I almost got killed for it... :sweat:

i ever went for 21 days europe trip with thousand over pics. was so worried that things will **** up man. so scare later for no reason the photos will be corrupted and stuff like that
until i transfer all the photos over to my comp then i can relax.

haha
life of a photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.