Travelling trip to Iran or Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramius75

Nov 21, 2005
Hi all,

Im thinking of going a trip to either Syria or Iran at the week after Xmas... So any experience traveler there ??
What to take note of and how to apply for the Visa to these places ??

Im actually bias against flying to Turkey and then took a train to Damascus. Think its cheaper this way also. But my companion wanted to go Iran instead.

Any advices ??? Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Im thinking of going a trip to either Syria or Iran at the week after Xmas... So any experience traveler there ??
What to take note of and how to apply for the Visa to these places ??

Im actually bias against flying to Turkey and then took a train to Damascus. Think its cheaper this way also. But my companion wanted to go Iran instead.

Any advices ??? Thanks in advance.

u better seek some advice from Singapore Foreign Ministry on travel to these countries.

u better seek some advice from Singapore Foreign Ministry on travel to these countries.

yup, will call them later also. thanks :D

edit: seems like visa are not required for Iran under 2 weeks but needed for Syria. Both also dont have embassy in singapore...

Probably the stereotype thinking since these 2 countries are not on very friendly terms with USA.

Anyway, trip to DPRK anyone? :D

Probably the stereotype thinking since these 2 countries are not on very friendly terms with USA.

Anyway, trip to DPRK anyone? :D
That's why I mean, getting easily influenced by a biased media........I have friends who go to Tehran often and there is nothing to fear! This country was part of the craddle of western civilisation.....

Hong Sien

There's a Syrian embassy in Malaysia.

hi thanks, i checked the website again and indeed i think there is no Syrian Embassy in Malaysia....

You must report back, Syria and Damascus are on my lists of places to visit!

We will be travelling to either Turkey-->Iran, or Egypt--> Iran instead... since we need Visa for Syria and there are no Embassy here....

That's why I mean, getting easily influenced by a biased media........I have friends who go to Tehran often and there is nothing to fear! This country was part of the craddle of western civilisation.....

Hong Sien

Hi, any suggestion or tips or Advices for Iran ??? What are the nice places to visit and what kind of documentation i need ??

hi guys, finally made up the mind and the trip will be on 23 Dec -4 Jan.

We will be flying to Turkey 1st and then immediately take a flight to Tehran.
We plan to stay about 7-8 days in Iran and 6-7 in Turkey.

So what are the nice places to visit in Turkey and Iran ?? All advices will be welcomed!! :D

iran and syria are 2 famous cradle of world civilisation to visit and learn.
both used to be a 'Usa' power during their glorious history....

Status
Not open for further replies.