Travelling to Korea, what lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanwj

Dec 13, 2008
Hi

I am first time travelling to country below 0 degrees celcuis, does the camera work well there? I m using the Canon EOS 350D.

Also, what combinatoin of lens should I bring, to shoot landscape and family photos?
  • 18-55 kit
  • 50mm f1.8
  • 10-22
  • 70-300

I would have to consider how useful and their weight.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi

I am first time travelling to country below 0 degrees celcuis, does the camera work well there? I m using the Canon EOS 350D.

Every year around this time there are about 100 threads asking this. Try looking around or a search.

Hi

Also, what combinatoin of lens should I bring, to shoot landscape and family photos?
  • 18-55 kit
  • 50mm f1.8
  • 10-22
  • 70-300

I would have to consider how useful and their weight.

Thanks a lot for your help!
your lens will be fine....its your battery you should be worried about. An 18-200 would be ideal if troublesome to lens change. the list of lens you highlighted actually can fit into a sling bag so why not bring all.

Last edited:
Agree with Reportage.

A second battery would be wise.

Seconded.

agree with the rest mention about ur battery and keep them in a towel i do this during my Japan trip as some member teach

"seconded" 18-200mm will be better for all purpose is this what you mean:D

Last edited:
i am posting from high 1 ski resort in korea
you only need your kit lens
if you don't mind the weight, then bring along your 70-300

about the battery, so far i have been here for 2 days and still on my 1st battery
a extra battery would be good to have, keep your gear light as you will have lots of other things to carry, like your coat, bag, shopping... ...

it is warn indoors and cold outdoors, so that means putting on and taking off your coat.
main thing is to keep yourself warm and healthy as you won't be taking pictures if you catch a cold.

Mostly when going for tour.. Most ppl will use wide lens rather than tele lens...
So as wat most of the ppl say here.. Bring yr 18-55, if wish to have more coverage, then bring 70-300...

i am posting from high 1 ski resort in korea
you only need your kit lens
if you don't mind the weight, then bring along your 70-300

about the battery, so far i have been here for 2 days and still on my 1st battery
a extra battery would be good to have, keep your gear light as you will have lots of other things to carry, like your coat, bag, shopping... ...

it is warn indoors and cold outdoors, so that means putting on and taking off your coat.
main thing is to keep yourself warm and healthy as you won't be taking pictures if you catch a cold.

cool...first battery still after 2 days..and we have "live" report from korea...glad to hear that....

I just went to korea in Oct. brought my 17-40 and 50 prime. end up using 17-40 99.9% of the time because there is not much time to change lens due to the packed schedule. :)

cool...first battery still after 2 days..and we have "live" report from korea...glad to hear that....
today went sking really cold, my first battery is still going strong around 2 bar left, but it depends on the temp when it is cold it shows less, when it is warm, it shows more.

shot some skiers and snowboarders today, plus some landscapes
leaving high 1 tomorrow, so dunno have internet connection or not

If you're in korea for sightseeing bring your 10-22. If you visit you plan on visiting the zoo or other exhibits then do consider the 70-300.

wide wide wide.. that's it for me. :)

travel is about scenes, landscapes, architecture.. unless you wanna shoot soemthing else, then you already know what to bring.

Bring 10-22 for landscape and the 18-55 for city/people.

Didn't I see a thread like this? Must be dejavu...

Bring 10-22 for landscape and the 18-55 for city/people.

Didn't I see a thread like this? Must be dejavu...

No, it's not you... There really are several people asking the same thing, though the country (korea, Japan, china) varies.

No, it's not you... There really are several people asking the same thing, though the country (korea, Japan, china) varies.
Then long range with tripod is a must if want to compete with the legions of tourists at the hotspots unless willing to walk the roads less travelled.

try to buy olens in South Korea, cheapest place in Asia now. one of my friend just got K20D body there at only S$870 by using credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.