Travelling to India

Status
Not open for further replies.

spenkew

Nov 17, 2008
Katong
Hi Brethrens,

I have been taking pictures for a few years now and I've been to places like Timor, Sri Lanka, Aceh and a few others. I will like to make a trip down to India and probably take the train and travel upwards from Mumbai to Rajastan, Kashmir, Nepal, Bhutan ect to take pictures. The problem is that I have totally no clue on where to start, where to go, where to stay... basically, I'm clueless.

I want to get down and dirty to take pictures in the slumps, brothels and not so much of the touristy places.

Will really appreciate any help I can get here. :)

Last edited:
simple take a flight to south india ,chennei, 90 % of the population speak english!

slums, brothels -> you'll get most of that in all the major cities, esp if you are landing in Mumbai. recommend you start in mumbai, and travel north to delhi around that region, do rajasthan and then work your way to Kolkata and then to bhutan. All doable via train, and will take a few months.

slums, brothels -> you'll get most of that in all the major cities, esp if you are landing in Mumbai. recommend you start in mumbai, and travel north to delhi around that region, do rajasthan and then work your way to Kolkata and then to bhutan. All doable via train, and will take a few months.

Hey Saha,

Thanks! Think i'll prob go to Mumbai, take a train to rajasthan, kashmir and maybe nepal. i only have bout 3 weeks, wish i had more time though...

why not check if there are photography tours going to the places you want?

you pay more but at least you are guaranteed a roof over your head at the places you mentioned.

why not check if there are photography tours going to the places you want?

you pay more but at least you are guaranteed a roof over your head at the places you mentioned.

Hey Flashbulb,

I was thinking about that but I don't think I can find any tours that are going to the places that I want to visit, unless I join different tours that goes to the different places. National Geographic are organizing trips to India but it's like $7000USD for 11 days..!!

This will be more of like a own time, own target thing. Might want to go to Nepal and Darjeeling also, so I don't think there's any available trips that are like that... :)

try contacting the various tour agencies and also as many photo enthusiasts groups you know off. There`s bound to be one that is very flexible.

you could also join maybe a backpacking group who have been there before. You may not get to visit all the places but at least you get the experience to perhaps go on your own later on.

try contacting the various tour agencies and also as many photo enthusiasts groups you know off. There`s bound to be one that is very flexible.

you could also join maybe a backpacking group who have been there before. You may not get to visit all the places but at least you get the experience to perhaps go on your own later on.

I am looking out for such kang tow also. If anybody has any leads, would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.