Travelling Tips: Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Dear All,

A friend of mine will be dropping by Germany for a job assignment and he was wondering where in German would be a good place to visit?

He is keen on cultural activities as well as historical landmarks (although he isn't a history buff). Recommendations of good food places would be welcomed too. :) Feel free to share what would be interesting for my friend to explore/experience.

Thank you.

Bavaria since he's going to be there for Oktoberfest.

For historical landmarks, he should go to Berlin. There is plenty to see there. I visited the Holocaust Memorial site, Bebelplatz (where the book burning was held), the bunker where Hitler committed suicide and many more. There is a FREE tour that he can take as well. Its a walking tour and you give the guide a tip at the end of the trip.

Is ur friend driving?

This shld be a sign that would send all speedsters into a frenzy...

autobahnsign2358220070313121046.gif

Woot. :thumbsup:

Berlin is good place for History and cultural activity. Dresden is too nice historic place, which is just few hours away from Berlin by train.

For historical landmarks, he should go to Berlin. There is plenty to see there. I visited the Holocaust Memorial site, Bebelplatz (where the book burning was held), the bunker where Hitler committed suicide and many more. There is a FREE tour that he can take as well. Its a walking tour and you give the guide a tip at the end of the trip.

I absolutely loved Berlin and went for the walking tour too :thumbsup:
Highly recommended. No better way to see Berlin.

Is ur friend driving?

This shld be a sign that would send all speedsters into a frenzy...

autobahnsign2358220070313121046.gif

Woot. :thumbsup:

the irony about that is that its just down to one highway now...its a myth about the german road system that needs to be busted...:sweatsm:

hi wolfgang,

depending where he is actually. cuz if he's in munich, then traveling to berlin may be quite time consuming and costly. in my time there, i preferred the towns to the big cities (then again, i heard both munich and berlin are really nice). if he's ard frankfurt, then towns along the rhine river is worth visiting. more popular ones are rudesheim and cochem (not exactly at the rhine... think it's nearer to mainz river). Heidelberg is nice too, supposed to be the university town, there are big shopping malls, old town, castle... etc. And Cologne, for the DOM. Abit touristy, but i think it's worth it. just remember to do the cathedral climb. Dusseldorf is well, for me, a little boring, unless he loves night life. Mainz is pretty nice too, unlike frankfurt, no tall buildings and all. Some places that I wished I had went to were, baden baden (Spa town) and stuggart.

i know i'm not very descriptive, but i hope this helps.

hi wolfgang,

depending where he is actually. cuz if he's in munich, then traveling to berlin may be quite time consuming and costly. in my time there, i preferred the towns to the big cities (then again, i heard both munich and berlin are really nice). if he's ard frankfurt, then towns along the rhine river is worth visiting. more popular ones are rudesheim and cochem (not exactly at the rhine... think it's nearer to mainz river). Heidelberg is nice too, supposed to be the university town, there are big shopping malls, old town, castle... etc. And Cologne, for the DOM. Abit touristy, but i think it's worth it. just remember to do the cathedral climb. Dusseldorf is well, for me, a little boring, unless he loves night life. Mainz is pretty nice too, unlike frankfurt, no tall buildings and all. Some places that I wished I had went to were, baden baden (Spa town) and stuggart.

i know i'm not very descriptive, but i hope this helps.

Heheh... thank you for sharing. You were already very helpful in sharing the details. :)

Cheers!
WG

dont forget to visit dresden!

If in Munich, can take a day tour to Fussen. Can see the lovely castles built by King Ludwig II - the fairy tale king. The castle in Neuschwanstein inspired the castle in Disneyland.

If in Munich, can take a day tour to Fussen. Can see the lovely castles built by King Ludwig II - the fairy tale king. The castle in Neuschwanstein inspired the castle in Disneyland.

Yea said castle in the winter makes for magnificant landscape shots if you take the trouble!

Cool... :) Thanks Sean.

Keep the tips coming! :)

In Munich can go to English Gardens. But winter may not be so happenning. In summer got free show. :embrass: Still, its a nice place for a stroll, a beer and pretzel. There's a river where the locals go surfing in.

Near Marienplatz in Munich, can go to Hofbrauhaus or Donisl for the best beer and ter kah (schweinhaxe) wah.. I'm feeling hungry leow..

the irony about that is that its just down to one highway now...its a myth about the german road system that needs to be busted...:sweatsm:
Aww... shucks. :cry:

And I was thinking of taking off to Germany one day and literally lick dat rented M5 Power. :cry:

Aww... shucks. :cry:

And I was thinking of taking off to Germany one day and literally lick dat rented M5 Power. :cry:

go back n forth on that one highway lor :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.