Travelling through time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazeeee

Sep 8, 2007
kazeeee.com
www.kazeeee.com
I would like some comment on my picture right here.

Does the picture give you the feel of travelling through time or maybe anything else?

The color adjustment should be ok right?

Thanks !

Picture, on the whole looks fine.

Some nitpicking though - I think it would have been stronger if the camera was centered on the travelator. The horizon's also tilted. All these things will add up to getting a stronger image.

good shot. Too balanced. Maybe less foreground and more light streaks too.

im always a fan of such photos, where by strong lines and bright colors lead to the center of the frame. however as caleb has mentioned, the horizon is slightly tilted, take note next time! :)

good shot still.

very nice i like this.
of course you could always do better next time but this is awesome!
just a thought. would it be cooler with a different colour scheme and some acid contrast? haha

thats looks a great shot still.
is it taken at dhoby ghaut mrt?

It would be nice also if we can see streaks of pple walking on both sides..

try to slant the horizon more...for a different perspective. :)

Thanks everyone for the comment, I'll try to improve from that =)
btw this was taken at Changi Airport MRT, the travelator which connects T3 and T2

good idea, bad execution - you want symmetry here but the symmetry is not there becaues of technical errors.

thanks, ok noted of that. =)
maybe perhaps I should just shift the vanishing point out of center?

It's easier to get the horizon straight than it is to shift the vanishing point out of the center without screwing up your horizons.

good idea, bad execution - you want symmetry here but the symmetry is not there becaues of technical errors.

i dunno PP.

but issit ok to "cheat" and do a left/right clone?

Would you even feel proud of doing that?

eeeeer, i dunno.

such is moral question.

not taking sides, but hard to draw the line.

eg, if i deliderately exclude a lamp-post/dust bin to create a impression of prestine wilderness, is it considered cheating?

like wat NGC "Genius of Photography" (approximately) says," ... ...photography is a unpredicatable medium that immediately transforms a scene... ..."

eeeeer, i dunno.

such is moral question.

not taking sides, but hard to draw the line.

eg, if i deliderately exclude a lamp-post/dust bin to create a impression of prestine wilderness, is it considered cheating?

like wat NGC "Genius of Photography" (approximately) says," ... ...photography is a unpredicatable medium that immediately transforms a scene... ..."

If you want to show a scene of wilderness, then shoot the scene without the lamp-post or dust bin.

I would hesitate to call the piece 'photography' if it is essentially cloning one of the halves in order to get it symmetrical.

i dunno PP.

but issit ok to "cheat" and do a left/right clone?

for me, there is nothing wrong with doing that,

but only when extreme, extreme symmetry is needed and there is no real way to produce it irl

i went back to try and realised that the travelator is not at the center, between the lights kinda hard to make the simetrical effect. :bsmilie:

anyway thanks for the comments

i went back to try and realised that the travelator is not at the center, between the lights kinda hard to make the simetrical effect. :bsmilie:

anyway thanks for the comments

Right, but still, some things (like the horizon) could have been made right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.