Travelling lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolldrum

Nov 29, 2006
JB
hey all...

I'm using Sony A100...

which would be a better lens for traveling and scenic shots?

a) 28mm f2.8
b) 50mm f1.4

How about both? No point buying and leaving the lens around the house collecting dust when it can be put to greater use in taking pictures;)

How about both? No point buying and leaving the lens around the house collecting dust when it can be put to greater use in taking pictures;)

Not yet buy....@@ $$is an issue so wanna know which would be better..

Your kit lens or a 17-35mm would be good.

kit lens i'm having problem shotting at night....get very slow shutter speeds:(

Photography is about creativity. Not everyone will like what you have taken. For me I'll get the 28mm as I find the 50mm more suitable for portraiture. But there are people who use the 50mm for landscape shoot too. It's all up to you. Do take note of the f-stop which will affect the bokeh.

28mm..more for landscapes.
50mm..more for portraits.

what will you shoot? for me, i will take the kit lens which comes with the a100 which covers what you need to shoot. maybe try playing around with the lens more to get better results?

Your kit lens or a 17-35mm would be good.

Yeah. The 28mm lens with your A100's 1.6x crop factor may not be wide enough scenic or interior shots.

A medium telephoto (200-300mm reach) might be useful too if you'd like to take portrait photos of people, activities/antics of locals and tourists, and animals from a distance. Both for convenience, safety, and not to alert the subjects to your presence to preserve their 'natural' pose or behaviour.

Not yet buy....@@ $$is an issue so wanna know which would be better..

kit lens i'm having problem shotting at night....get very slow shutter speeds:(

You might want to save up first before buying those expensive lenses. Maybe you might want to bring a small tripod, if it's ok with you. Or find some steady objects to let you rest your camera and take the night shots. Another thing is to increase the ISO, but it would increase the amount of noise. Just my opinion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.