Travelling away for a Long Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvin76

Jun 1, 2008
Hi there,

I will be working overseas for a couple of months and would like to need advise if it is ok to keep my camera and lens in the bag. As I do not have a dry cabinet to store these equipments while I am overseas, what do you all suggest and if its ok to keep it in the bag??

Pls advice. thanks.

Hi there,

I will be working overseas for a couple of months and would like to need advise if it is ok to keep my camera and lens in the bag. As I do not have a dry cabinet to store these equipments while I am overseas, what do you all suggest and if its ok to keep it in the bag??

Pls advice. thanks.

It have the depend on where are you traveling. In general, I would suggest getting a zip-lock bag with silcon gels inside to reduce the humidity. :)

if your office ve air con, can consider keeping it there.

Hi there,

Pls advice. thanks.

it would be good to bring along a drybox together with some selica gel

Hi there,

Pls advice. thanks.

Dry box with hippo.

Pls advice. thanks.
define

overseas

hi there, I'm also going overseas for some time and some of my friends advised me to buy silica gel and dump it in my bag. I'm headed for China and I guess it isn't very humid there.

Go to HomeFix they have portable dry bag which can be reused by popping it in the microwave oven.

Get one or two of those portable dry box cost about $20+, probably can keep your body with 2-3 lens and then just give to someone before you return from China. should do the trick. ;p

Last edited:
Just keep some silicon gel with u... it ll be very bulk with a dry box to carry along i think....

Just keep some silicon gel with u... it ll be very bulk with a dry box to carry along i think....

the camera needs to be in an air tight box so with selica so that fungus wont grow

Status
Not open for further replies.