Traveling BackPack Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgot to add, vaude comes with a raincover too. you can take a look at "the planet traveller" and there is always a 20%-30% discount during sales period.

mac pac is good. you can find it at shaw but its pricey.

i had three deuters, all suffered from the water proofing issue, comes off and becomes sticky after years of usage. but still deuter bags not bad bah. ;p

even top-of-the-rung brands have sub-premium gears. dun c brand, go for a pack that suits your body type (e ideal fit)- shoulder width, torso length. some backpacks have e option to fine-tune adjustments to specific body type for near perfect fit. if u r carrying a heavy load u wont 1 2 end up aching all over at e end of day 1! :sweat:

if weight is a serious consideration go for a mainly Cordura material pack.

this following link has some tips on how to choose e right pack.
http://www.backpacker.com/gear/backpacks/

:cool:

Good advise, finally someone mention abt the fit.
Like shoes, one size on different brands can have different fit and so trying them is very important.
My Osprey "60L" has 3 different size/fit (which of course, affects the actual volume)!
So make sure you try them out when buying that super branded, super expensive backpack.....

even top-of-the-rung brands have sub-premium gears. dun c brand, go for a pack that suits your body type (e ideal fit)- shoulder width, torso length. some backpacks have e option to fine-tune adjustments to specific body type for near perfect fit. if u r carrying a heavy load u wont 1 2 end up aching all over at e end of day 1! :sweat:

if weight is a serious consideration go for a mainly Cordura material pack.

this following link has some tips on how to choose e right pack.
http://www.backpacker.com/gear/backpacks/

:cool:

tried deuter, lafuma, tatonka and vaude and my vote goes to lafuma or vaude. certain models from vaude are using a light-yet strong material and their design is very neat. the straps will have a place to hold on to and won't be left dangling like tatonka's case. deuter's material is thick but heavy/bulky which is the main reason most of my friends have switched to vaude instead.

i do not recommend getting the fake one because the material is heavier and ergonomically the design is poor even though it might look the same as genuine one.

yeah! lafuma for me too. Been accompany me to several mountains. Durable and comfortable. :thumbsup:

Hi all, thanks for the suggestion.

I saw the Krrignor panther that day, think its quite ok. Any1 have experience with this backpack ???

What i like about this is that the compression strap on the side can be use to secure the tripod. Which is a big plus :D

Hi all, thanks for the suggestion.

I saw the Krrignor panther that day, think its quite ok. Any1 have experience with this backpack ???

What i like about this is that the compression strap on the side can be use to secure the tripod. Which is a big plus :D

Mine also have the double straps on the side but it dont really hold well enough as it has to depend on your tripod size too.

Deuter Aircontact Pro!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: 60+10 if i'm not wrong.

Hi, carrefour is now having sales on the Deuter Aircontact series. Izzit a good backpack ??

50+10 is selling at 129.90 i think :D

Status
Not open for further replies.