Travel with no Mobile, SMS or Internet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
I'm in Yangon, Myanmar now..
Got so handicapped when I learnt that there is no GSM roaming, ... therefore noone can call or sms me..

Can't connect my notebook to internet too.. only the sole internet terminal in the hotel which can't connect to web emails like hotmail, yahoo or gmail..

So can only come to the forums...
feel so disconnected from the world now... :(

wow....... thats v bad..
understand that kind of feeling..
anyway.. hope to c more pics from u there...... :)

Will03 said:
wow....... thats v bad..
understand that kind of feeling..
anyway.. hope to c more pics from u there...... :)
I wish i could upload too.. but can't connect my notebook to the internet...
have to use their internet terminal..

get use to it... not many pple like me who can leave home without moblie phone, in fact it's also a way to kill stress..

well one good thing is u can fully concentrate on shooting.

throw away the electronic stuff.. shoot full manual!!! ;p

Why do u want people to call u? Thats probably the last I want whenever I'm away...

every phone call is potential business.

i guess even if you're on holiday, unless you make special arrangements for your secretary/PA/assistant to pick up your business calls, i think it's still good business practice to not let clients be unable to contact you for days on end.

of course if you're an employee.. yeah turn the phone off when you're on holiday. :bsmilie:

anyway willy's not on holiday either.. :bsmilie:

At an internet cafe now...
Wow.. this place is full of shooting opportunities... !
Will post some when I'm back!!!

Those who want to contact me can email me... mail@willyfoo.com

Enjoy Yangon...!! haha Yeah its a closed up country.. but trust me after a while you will find it very peaceful with no hand phones and all..... Remember to go to Shwedagon and check out Chinatown. Lots of photo opportunities.

Just came back from shwedagon.. and walked to past chinatown to the indian town.. truly lots of photo opportunities.. so far from all my travels.. this trip has the highest yield & keeprate.. Now the problem is finding which ones to throw away... :(

willyfoo said:
Just came back from shwedagon.. and walked to past chinatown to the indian town.. truly lots of photo opportunities.. so far from all my travels.. this trip has the highest yield & keeprate.. Now the problem is finding which ones to throw away... :(
next time.. just take my pd70x.. this weekend i got no weddings. shoulda passed it to u. :think:

Yangon city is only the tip of the iceberg ... the other cities offer much better scenery and definately a more rustic feel ... if you get a chance to travel to the other cities ... you will need to bring a much bigger HDD along and spend more time to decide what not to keep ...

Enjoy your stay in Yangon ... do visit the Bogyoke market and some of the tea shops there ... very interesting gem trading activities happening there.

PS : BTW ... i understand you can actually recieve sms there, but cannot send out ... not sure how accurate is this infirmation.

RGDs

Leaving for the villages across the river.. should be exciting..
I wish I could go to the other cities.. but I've got obligations to some sponsors to be in the city :(

I'll check out on the smses... oh wait... there isn't a global gsm roaming agreement.. so we can't get a handphone connection... so no point anyway :(

If u can, head to kyatiyo or Golden Rock... Interesting...

centuryegg said:
If u can, head to kyatiyo or Golden Rock... Interesting...

Golden Rock is a 5hr+ drive away from Yangon ... damn butt pain after the ride mann. And then you got to walk another hour to the top of the hill to see the Rock ... (NOTE : Only men are allowed to go near the Rock ... Women have to stay a distant away to do their worship)

Frankly ... you would need to stay overnight at the Rock to do an sunset and evening shoot and a sunrise shoot for it to be worth the trip ... Most people who go there are more for pilgriamge reason or the curious tourist who have heard so much about the Rock ...

RGDs

In some places, internet cafe is also a luxury... ;)
Ask your sponsor for satellite phone if you're sent to a cut-off corner of the world!... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.