Travel Tripod... Recommend me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

Can someone recommend me a not so expensive, light, and steady tripod?

Something that I can carry around easily.

The tripod need to be able to support the weight of D50 with kit lens or 50mm or 55-200mm VR and SB600. Thanks in advance. :D

any tripod can tahan that weight.

190prob with a 488 head will set u back $300++, i find this setup very light, total weight about 2kg++, i go around sg with that setup for about 5hours also dun feel much.

I currently have Manfrotto 190PROB and 486RC2. Thinking of selling it because feeling it's a bit too heavy for me... ;p

any tripod can tahan that weight.

190prob with a 488 head will set u back $300++, i find this setup very light, total weight about 2kg++, i go around sg with that setup for about 5hours also dun feel much.

I currently have Manfrotto 190PROB and 486RC2. Thinking of selling it because feeling it's a bit too heavy for me... ;p

light tripod dun come cheap

you should be looking at carbon fibre tripod about 1kg max, with ballhead around 1.2kg thereabout for lightweight travelling. But usually most can't take more than 4kg. Depending on your setup, I find it sufficient for travel shooting. Btw I'm using Gitz G1058, but I think recently I saw the Benro offering similar spec for way less money. You can consider that. Look at the mass consumer subsection

u may look at Benro, i bought one from MS color at 155, it comes with a good bag, a manual and a toolkit. It is light weight ! i end up bringing it along nowadays..

:sweatsm:

you can consider cheaper and lighter setup from feisol, PPCP or giottos. but certain things are not to be seen from the specs. you wouldn't know unless you used it frequently to know how smooth and steady it is, or unless you open it up to see for yourself.

i prefer my manfrotto for its quick release, but uses gitzo (<0.8kg) for quick urban travel. however both of them are expensive, esp with recent price-rising from manfrotto (due to cathay?).

also dun judge by weight load alone, becos some manufacturer have over-estimations. go by the degree of off-axis length and get heavier tripod for that.

Honestly speaking, do you all feel Manfrotto 190PROB and 486RC2 are heavy? :dunno:

Honestly speaking, do you all feel Manfrotto 190PROB and 486RC2 are heavy? :dunno:

depends on the kind of activities, and the build of the person.

everything add together less then 10kg will be fine IMHO

Huh? Are you kidding me? The difference between 190PROB and 330DX is just 400g leh....

yes to me... im too used to my 330dx. :heart:

depending on the person.
But if you ask me, I would say it's quite heavy. Like my Slik500DX which was my first tripod(about 2.5kg), now it's sitting at home most of the time eversince I got my gitzo cf. Will be looking to sell it.

Huh? Are you kidding me? The difference between 190PROB and 330DX is just 400g leh....
guess you have not hold them side by side before... the weight different is :bigeyes:

Im not saying 190prob + 486 is heavy, but once you tried 330dx and probably a 486 head, you wun feel like carrying the 190 combo... :sweat:

and btw 190prob is rated 1.9kg without head, while slik 330dx is rated 1.6kg with the default pan-tilt head. so there different altogether is close to a kg...

heavy tripod is good. take steady photos and when not doing that, build up ur muscles..no need to go to gym lah!;)

heavy tripod is good. take steady photos and when not doing that, build up ur muscles..no need to go to gym lah!;)
ya... but you will be swearing whole day if going on a whole day walking trip. :bsmilie:

imho, 330dx is the best balance between stability and weight for my current setup.

:think: I missed out the part about with/without head weight... you are right...

Any idea how much is 330DX? And where can I get them?

guess you have not hold them side by side before... the weight different is :bigeyes:

Im not saying 190prob + 486 is heavy, but once you tried 330dx and probably a 486 head, you wun feel like carrying the 190 combo... :sweat:

and btw 190prob is rated 1.9kg without head, while slik 330dx is rated 1.6kg with the default pan-tilt head. so there different altogether is close to a kg...

ya... but you will be swearing whole day if going on a whole day walking trip. :bsmilie:

imho, 330dx is the best balance between stability and weight for my current setup.

:think: I missed out the part about with/without head weight... you are right...

Any idea how much is 330DX? And where can I get them?
search for tripod price list in this forum, best is go down shop and have a feel urself..

Status
Not open for further replies.