travel tripod below $300

One should not be bothered with tripod shakes if the intent of the tripod is to b used for travelling. Most travel shots taken with tripods are usually static scenes that u can take your time to compose and setup. Unless you have a super front-heavy lens or in a place with really strong winds, I don't see why a sirui T-005/025 can't support standard dslr setup.

Have you ever consider Joby Gorillapod Focus?

I had bought e T-025. thought it is meant for mirrorless cam and I actually used it on my mirrorless cam. Why I ask can 5d3 be mount on it cos it is the heavily cam I had. nv regrets getting it as it is very small and sit well in my bag.

So I will suggest u go to the web to check your spec like the weight, max ht, load etc then narrow down ur search and go to the shop to test with ur equipment.

I tried sirui T025 on TK photo..
the leg is a lil bit too small even for my NEX6....
I finally bought T1005X....its not too small but still can fit on my thinthank retro 10 with head over the cover..
but its still fine and manageable to bring along...
hehehehe

Allow me to OT abit.... I going to Bali next week and flying with Tiger air. I'm not sure whether the airline allow to bring tripod attached to camera bag? Because I'm not buy any check-in luggage weight...

what do you all think of the Slik Sprint Mini II GM Tripod? looks small, lightweight and compact for travel?

Allow me to OT abit.... I going to Bali next week and flying with Tiger air. I'm not sure whether the airline allow to bring tripod attached to camera bag? Because I'm not buy any check-in luggage weight...

Prohibited items
Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of the aircraft but may be contained within checked baggage if local regulations allow for their importation:
Pointed/edged weapons & sharp objects
Pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injury, including: axes & hatches, arrows and darts, crampons (grappling iron, hooked bar of iron, or plate with iron spikes used in mountaineering), harpoons & spears, ice axes & ice picks, ice skates, lockable or flick knives with blades of any length, knives, including ceremonial, religious and hunting knives, made of metal or any other material strong enough to be used as a potential weapon, meat cleavers, machetes, open razors and blades (excluding safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in cartridge), sabres, swords and swordsticks, scalpels, scissors with blades of any length, ski and walking/hiking poles, throwing stars, tradesman's tools that have the potential to be used as a pointed or edged weapon, e.g. drills and drill bits, box cutters, utility knives, all saws, screwdrivers, crowbars, hammers, pliers, wrenches/spanners, blow torches.

Blunt instruments
Any blunt instrument capable of causing injury, including tennis rackets, baseball and softball bats, clubs or batons - rigid or flexible - e.g. billy clubs, blackjacks (truncheon of leather covered lead with flexible shaft), night sticks & batons, cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey and hurling sticks, lacrosse sticks, kayak and canoe paddles, skateboards, billiard, snooker and pool cues, fishing rods, martial arts equipment, e.g. knuckle dusters, clubs, coshes, rice flails, nun-chucks, kubatons, kubasaunts.

Baggage Allowance | Hand Luggage Restrictions | Carry On Luggage - TigerAirways.com.sg

I can see how a tripod could get classified under 'blunt instruments'. Best is to call them to check yourself.

sometimes can. spmetimes cannot