Travel to Hokkaido

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
Went past at 7 one morning before flying back to Osaka, quite peaceful and quiet there.
I'm tempted, but would like to explore other parts of Japan, :devil:
I'm looking at the following:
- Matsushima
- Akan National Park
- Biei
- Wakkanai
- Nagasaki
- Fukuoka
- Okinawa (primarily Yonaguni & Hateruma)

2wks. 1wk for Hokkaido & 1wk for Kyushu/Okinawa.
I'm aiming next spring in 2007. Not the current spring. Sorry, need to powerup my wallet fat-fat first. :)

StreetShooter said:
I can wholeheartedly recommend Prime Travel. Just went on a 9-day trip to Hokkaido with them in December. The food and accommodations were first class, and each of us paid only about 2.5K (booked during Natas travel fair). Skiing at Furano, ryokan stays, fantastic onsen and even a trip on the Cassiopea. Fantastic value.

Here's a typical meal:

IMG_7084.jpg
Woot... the tray of food reminds me of my shock when I popped there on my 2nd trip with my friend. :bsmilie:

She brought in 2 trays, 1 each and I was shocked. In the end, instead of growing thinner, I grew fatter. :bsmilie: And I thought soaking longer in the onsen would make me thinner. :(

jsbn said:
I'm looking at the following:
- Matsushima
- Akan National Park
- Biei
- Wakkanai
- Nagasaki
- Fukuoka
- Okinawa (primarily Yonaguni & Hateruma)

2wks. 1wk for Hokkaido & 1wk for Kyushu/Okinawa.
I'm aiming next spring in 2007. Not the current spring. Sorry, need to powerup my wallet fat-fat first. :)
Ah... I was thinking of dropping by Tokyo this year end :D

Year end. Tokyo Motorshow? :bsmilie: Just skipped the Auto Salon this past weekend. Waiting for the Osaka Auto Messe :lovegrin:

Aww~~~ shucks. Prolly my wallet only power up 75% only. :(

TMC said:
Year end. Tokyo Motorshow? :bsmilie: Just skipped the Auto Salon this past weekend. Waiting for the Osaka Auto Messe :lovegrin:
This time I go, if i refuse your loan of the 80-200 again, knock me on the head with it.

jsbn said:
Aww~~~ shucks. Prolly my wallet only power up 75% only. :(
Wah... but go with you not fun... cannot share glasses :bsmilie:

j/k

espn said:
Wah... but go with you not fun... cannot share glasses :bsmilie:

j/k
Ok lah juz for u, I sell off my baby get a D70s. I dun ask for much. Juz lend me ur 17-35 f/2.8 I damn happy liaoz. :bsmilie:

Got a qns I got a friend wanted to go Hokkaido for their snowy wedding photo shot. Which month is recommended?

jsbn said:
Ok lah juz for u, I sell off my baby get a D70s. I dun ask for much. Juz lend me ur 17-35 f/2.8 I damn happy liaoz. :bsmilie:
I only have CoolPix S4, don't have 17-35 :cry: I don't even have D70S like you :cry:

blurrblurr said:
Got a qns I got a friend wanted to go Hokkaido for their snowy wedding photo shot. Which month is recommended?
Nov-Dec would be nice. Nov will still see some mixture of greenary/blue skies and mild snow. Dec would be snowing already.

user12343 said:
i second that, while i was there last year at sapporo, chanced upon a misplaced rayban sunglasses and was pretty sure that it's been there for some while...:thumbsup:

yes is in their culture,their blood that they don't adopt the "finders keepers" sentence.
which means they don't anyhow pick up things from the ground.
so is likely they leave it there for the owner to find.

espn said:
Yep.. I stayed in Hokkaido for 5 nights, so the rail pass was very useful, only issue is the timings of the train often makes me rush for the train like mad. I'm often seen running with a RoverPlus + tripod bag at 8 in the morning :bsmilie:

don't worry you're not the only one running,the japanese are also rushing for the trains most of the time.
when some trains only come 1 hour later if you miss the current train.

espn said:
I only have CoolPix S4, don't have 17-35 :cry: I don't even have D70S like you :cry:
Wahhh~~~ So rich leh. S4 Coolpix... very pro. :cry:

I want to buy my telephoto $300 nia oso have to think 10 times whether got use or not, u think oso no nit to think jit tao S4 Coolpix liaoz. :(

jsbn said:
Wahhh~~~ So rich leh. S4 Coolpix... very pro. :cry:

I want to buy my telephoto $300 nia oso have to think 10 times whether got use or not, u think oso no nit to think jit tao S4 Coolpix liaoz. :(
My sister's one.. it's not even mine :cry:

:( Sigh... So bad ah? U use wad? Disposable film pocket camera? :(

jsbn said:
:( Sigh... So bad ah? U use wad? Disposable film pocket camera? :(
I use drawing block + pen/pencil :(

Went to Prime's website and checked out their tours. Prices look reasonable. However, still contemplating whether to do tours or F&E. Thinking of also stopping over at Tokyo for a couple more days to visit some friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.