Travel to Hanoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagehunt

Dec 17, 2007
I am going to Hanoi,Sapa,and halong Bay trip from 27th Sep to 09 oct 09.I am also planning to cross the borders of Laos ,Luang prabang exactly.Is any one travelled by bus from Hanoi to Luang prabang.can any one post their experiences.Can we get Cambodian visa at the borders or we have to take it in Singapore.How many hours jurney from Hanoi to Luang prabang by road.Kindly reply.

for singaporean ...no need visa to go cambodia....

I have seen bus going to Hanoi from Vietianne....but dun rem seeing from LP to Hanoi....even if there are..it will be at least 30+hour...cos the road are not that well build...

for singaporean ...no need visa to go cambodia....

I have seen bus going to Hanoi from Vietianne....but dun rem seeing from LP to Hanoi....even if there are..it will be at least 30+hour...cos the road are not that well build...

Thank for the information, I saw in internet,some travellers are crossing borders from there.

I just came back from Hanoi and Sapa. If you're taking pictures, in Halong Bay be prepared for hursh sunlight as you will reached there around 11-12pm on day tour.

For Sapa, you can buy sweets for the village kids if you're taking pictures of them to show your appreciation. Try also to communicate with them so that they're more comfortable and willing to let you take. I heard from my guide (who is local peoplethere wearing traditional costume) that the parent will mind if you take pictures of their baby (below 3 years old). They believe that it'll capture and trap their soul. Respect them and not treating them as though you are taking pictures of animal in the zoo. In Sapa town or village, you can find many people following you asking you to buy things from them. Be firm and reject them from the start, else they will follow you as long as you walk.

Oh ya if you need a guide to bring you around the village, i.e. also to arrange jeep from one village, I can pass you the contact. I think she is good, and she speak good english. If I am not wrong she's charging around SGD$20-SGD$30. I was assigned to her as my guide on local tour package and i gave her extra tibs for good service.

I am going to Hanoi,Sapa,and halong Bay trip from 27th Sep to 09 oct 09.I am also planning to cross the borders of Laos ,Luang prabang exactly.Is any one travelled by bus from Hanoi to Luang prabang.can any one post their experiences.Can we get Cambodian visa at the borders or we have to take it in Singapore.How many hours jurney from Hanoi to Luang prabang by road.Kindly reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.