travel restrictions in thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

tert

Apr 18, 2003
Melbourne
Visit site
has anyone visited and returned from thailand recently?

just read that the thai govt requires all travellers to do a health exam every three days or/and wear mask everywhere they go.

does anyone has any experience with the situation in thailand? i am intending to make a trip there at the end of the month.

thanks!

I've given up trying to go anywhere for the moment. I mean, I don't know if I will accidentally bring the virus over, and anway they will probably not be very comfortable round me... so forget it for the time being.

Save money next time go better trip!

Originally posted by Silverelf
I've given up trying to go anywhere for the moment. I mean, I don't know if I will accidentally bring the virus over, and anway they will probably not be very comfortable round me... so forget it for the time being.

Save money next time go better trip!

Yeah... I am rather concerned about bringing the virus around and infecting poor and innocent people.

However, a good friend from the states is making a rare trip down to this part of the world...

Guess i've bring my thermometer there and take my temperature everyday... and shut myself up if anything unusual happens...

Thanks! :confused:

Originally posted by RuthBaby
will let ya know...
cos i will be going to bangkok in June

Can go earlier and tell me not huh? I going end of may leh... :p

I went to Chiang Mai for the past 2 weeks, during the water festival. No problem. Airport arrvial does require temperature taking and mask wearing in Thailand, but after that is up to you. But if you do feel sick, best not to go. When I was there, I read news about 1 chap with fever been sent back to Singapore alone.

Seen few people wearing mask on the street, those who did are shop vendor near street, too dusty I guess.

Spoke to a few Thais, they are not too concern about SARS. Told me is over-reacting with all those controls. That has hit hard on the tourism, most of the hotels are usually fully booked during this season but not this time. I got some good bargains on car and guest house rental.

Be going again this month, hope all is fine.

I just hope this SARS will blow over soon,
so that we can all go for our well deserved holidays...

After you come back from Thailand, can update us again on the situation there? Thinking of making an expedition trip there end of the year... (hope by that time SARS gone liao)

I just got back from Thailand myself.

There are temperature checks at the airport on the way in, and you're issued some "Health Beware Warning!" (sic) brochures, as well as confronted with many many signs at the arrival hall emphasising the fact that "Thailand is a SARS-free country!".

Apart from that...

...nothing. Absolutely no one wearing masks in the streets, no one asked me if I went to see a doctor, nothing at all. It worries me a little, given all the Hong Kong tourists I saw there (I suspect escaping the situation in their own homeland), but that's what you get in a country where making laws is a lot easier than enforcing them.

So if you want to wear a mask, feel free, but you'll be the only one doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.