Travel Light: Stories from Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner

Jan 24, 2002
Visit site
Posting on behalf of a friend who is exhibiting her work.

Travel Light: Stories from Asia

Travel Light is a collection of travel stories through Asia. Avid backpackers travel light and avoid unnecessary load. Yet the seasoned traveller will carry his camera to capture travel moments during the journey. The camera is the traveller's pen which records his experiences. Each picture tells a story. A total of 60 photographs will be on display, along with specially designed photo albums which features interesting sights of these countries.

“Travel Light is a light-hearted personal account of my wanderlust through Asia in the last six years. Through this exhibition and the public talks, I hope to bring these exotic countries and their wonderful people to the audience and share my experiences with Singaporeans and like-minded people,”
-Gwen Lee.

TRAVEL LIGHT is organised by The Meeting Point and made possible by the following sponsors, Fotohub.com Pte Ltd (Print), National Library Board (Venue), Antalis (Paper) and Bookbinders Design Singapore (Albums) and Queen.

Travel Light: Stories from Asia- A Photography Exhibition will be open to the public from 6-19 February 2006 at the Orchard Library and at the Woodlands Regional Library from 21-3 Mar 2006 thereafter. The photographer, Gwee Lee will also share insights about her travelling trips in two public talks.

11 Feb, Sat 3pm
Library@Orchard
Creative Photo Album
How can I preserve memories of my travel trips? What is the best way to organize my holiday albums to share it with friends and relatives? Learn about practical tips of how to create, organize, and store your photographs.
The talk will close with a Q&A session

26 Feb, Sun 3pm
Woodlands Regional Library
Crossing Boundaries
Travellng by land across Asia can be effortless and rewarding. Yet many people shun land travel due to time constraint and to avoid uncertainties. Featuring a slideshow of interesting photographs, our speaker will share personal stories of her travels from Bangkok to Tibet.

Pictures can be found in here:

1. Offstone http://www.offstone.com/photo/showthread.php?p=97838#post97838

2. themeetingpoint www.themeetingpoint.com.sg

Very nice lady who are willing to share her travel experiences & photography.:thumbsup:

Attended her talk on Tibet sometime back at Jurong East Lib.

Hmm....i think scanner also one of the Tibet members then....:think:

Ah_Seng said:
Very nice lady who are willing to share her travel experiences & photography.:thumbsup:

Attended her talk on Tibet sometime back at Jurong East Lib.

Hmm....i think scanner also one of the Tibet members then....:think:

Well, we did a exhibition on Tibet togather. ;)

scanner said:
26 Feb, Sun 3pm
Woodlands Regional Library
Crossing Boundaries
Travellng by land across Asia can be effortless and rewarding. Yet many people shun land travel due to time constraint and to avoid uncertainties. Featuring a slideshow of interesting photographs, our speaker will share personal stories of her travels from Bangkok to Tibet.
Just a reminder to all that the 2nd talk by Gwen Lee on "Crossing Boundaries" will be held this Sunday 3pm at Woodlands Regional Library. She will be showing more images than what you see at her photo exhibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.