Travel Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgecake83

May 31, 2007
Would like to check what would be a good lens for travel if you do not want to bring so many lenses and still be able to cover between 28mm - 200mm that kind of distance?

Would like to check what would be a good lens for travel if you do not want to bring so many lenses and still be able to cover between 28mm - 200mm that kind of distance?

Forgot to state that i'm using a Canon 40D.....not really looking at 3rd party lenses, more of canon lenses

Forgot to state that i'm using a Canon 40D.....not really looking at 3rd party lenses, more of canon lenses

So why don't you just look at the Canon lens price guide? Or go to the canon showroom and try for yourself?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465032

Pick a lens tha meets your needs/budget, then google for reviews, then test for yourself.

there are a lot of diff combinations, u can get the 18-200mm lens (fit ur focal length requirement best) or choose any combinations of lenses that you can afford the price and weight, some may prefer to shoot more at longer focal length and soem prefer wide, choose the right lenses that fit your shooting style best.

only you can answer your own questions, its all up to ur own preference.

cheers! :)

EF-S 17-55, you may feel lacking of longer reach at 55 mm ~$1.6k if not wrong
10-22 + 24-105. Quite good combination.~$1.1+ $1.5 if not wrong

Do you like longer zoom?
17-85 seems a good option, but I don't like it.

Canon 18-200mm IS lens + 50f1.8 :)

18-200 to show ur travel photos, 50mm for u to play with boke and low light :)

note that superzooms tend to be:

1) relatively slow lens
2) suffer from distortion problems
3) have iq problems most of the time

i prefer to just grab a few lenses, change, not that hard on the go after some practice

Based on your criteria, as stated above from other users, you're pretty much limited to 1 lens that fits your stated needs.

If you want only to bring 1 lens... then you can try EF-S 18-200mm IS.

What is too many to you?

For 2 lenses combo, I would take the 17-55 and 70-200.

Status
Not open for further replies.