Travel Lens Recommendation

woodlander

Jan 13, 2008
I am using Sony A7 iii and having kits lens and SEL24105G. Will be going to SAN Francisco, Orlando and Las Vegas coming Feb. Need master/shifu here to recommend if I:
1) bring the SEL24105G enough?
2) should I invest SEL24F14GM also, as I saw the review as this lens are sharp and night shoot look fantastic. (Vegas’ night should be look good (first time to US)
3) or any other Lens that’s light n good to recommend?

Photographers make the night shots fantastic ;) Cameras and lenses are just tools to help, many beautiful shots taken by smartphones too :)

I'll suggest that the 24-105mm lens is good enough, covers the most common focal lengths. I'll also suggest getting to know your camera well before the trip, and consider bringing a tripod as well. Enjoy

Reactions: woodlander
Bring tripod if you want to do Vegas night shots...

24-105 should probably cover your needs.

Yes. I be bringing tripod. Thank you so much❣️

If you want a wider lens, I'll recommend the 16-35mm F2.8 (or F4, which is much cheaper). I only bring this one lens when i travel, as I do a lot of landscape photography :)

I would suggest that you walk around Singapore with the 24-105mm zoom lens to take the kind of pictures you would like to take during travel. Just about anything that pleases your eyes.

Gather all the pictures you have taken and check for the most frequently used focal length. This can be reference to what you would like to invest next for a fast prime lens.

This lens can also be your one lens set up if you just want to walk around with less weight on your shoulder.

My 2 cents

i would suggest to have a more wider lens, 1635 or Laowa, there are many national parks there, you may need a wide view. Nowadays, wherever i travel, i will only bring my 1635GM and 55 1.8 together with my A7R3. And I can switch to Super 35 on my 55 1.8 which i can get a longer focus length.